When do you go off the pill

China girl

Camryn
Reaction score
Hey ladies,
My sister and I had this conversation last week. I told her that me and the OH are going to start trying maybe mid September- October for our thrid child. I am currently on Loestrin 24fe (its wonderful!!). She thinks I need to go off the pill around May to get it out of my system. I think that's way too early. Any advice??? Once I am off the pill, how would go about charting my ovulation??? I am clueless on that.

I stopped mine last week and am not starting TTC until August. I have never been pregnant before and wanted to be totally sure that my cycles were back to normal and that I knew more about them and when I was ovulating etc, so we have the best possible chance of getting pregnant.

I have read that sometimes when you come off the pill you don't get AF for months, so this is something I also wanted to avoid although I realise every individual is different.

We will just be using condoms and avoiding OV time to be doubly sure.

I have read that it's a myth that it takes a while for the pill to come out of your system and that the pill does not build up in your body - that's why you have to take it every day. Once you stop it, the hormones leave your body straight away.

Hope this helps!

Hey, I'm not trying until August 2014, but I'll probably be coming off my pill in Dec 2013 or Jan 2014 just to make sure I'm all back to normal, especially beacuse at that time I'll have been on it for 6 years.

Hey ladies,
My sister and I had this conversation last week. I told her that me and the OH are going to start trying maybe mid September- October for our thrid child. I am currently on Loestrin 24fe (its wonderful!!). She thinks I need to go off the pill around May to get it out of my system. I think that's way too early. Any advice??? Once I am off the pill, how would go about charting my ovulation??? I am clueless on that.

I'm not ttc until February 2011 but I went off bcp at the end of Novemer. I'm also hypothryoid so I want to make sure to give my body enough time to adjust and get my levels at a good place.

In the meantime I'm charting my cycles (FAM) using Fertility Friend online. I don't pay for the service which is an option I've been considering but even just using their free service would be a great start for someone who isn't familiar with their cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->