*when do you have a baby shower?*

Cute. We had a rubber ducky themed wedding. It was quite nice. Rubber ducky bride and groom as our cake topper and rubber ducks as the table decorations and favors for the guests.

I hadnt even thought about a babyahower and my SIL's pulled me to the side to tell me i had mine on the 11th of Nov hahaha im due on 4th of Dec. so hopefully he wont be to early, i have no idea what they planned so ill wait and see :)

My mom and sister want to throw one for me AFTER the baby is born! Is that normal? They said people like to actually see the baby at the shower, but realistically I'll have bought all the important stuff before baby is born.

Okay here's a question- let's say that you don't live near family and you don't have any close girlfriends that would organize one for you? I can't be the only nerd on here who doesn't have many friends- or am I lol?

I'm terrified it'll turn out like my bachlorette (my husband asked one of my bridesmaids to organize one for me, she didn't really want to take on the work so she only invited a few people the day before and nobody showed...except a few of her friends that I'd never met before...it was super humiliating)

I have the exact same problem. No family nearby and very few female friends. My 'bachelorette' party was my husband and me and about 10 people we both knew at a bar.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

You're not. I doubt very much that I'll have one. My entire family is on the other side of the world, my DH only has brothers on his side of the family, and I have very few female friends close by and I don't think my male friends would enjoy a traditional baby shower very much!

Cute. We had a rubber ducky themed wedding. It was quite nice. Rubber ducky bride and groom as our cake topper and rubber ducks as the table decorations and favors for the guests.

Hah, I had rubber duckies on top of my wedding cake too! :thumbup:

My mom always hosts them for any family members and she usually has them about a month before the baby is due. How many people? It depends on how intimate or big of a bash you would like it to be, just friends, just family, co-workers, etc. I know some people make up wish lists like shower registrys for weddings and stuff. Myself I wanted to stick to the basics if people wanted a suggestion.

My mom and sister want to throw one for me AFTER the baby is born! Is that normal? They said people like to actually see the baby at the shower, but realistically I'll have bought all the important stuff before baby is born.

Some people do it this way and king of use it as a way to celebrate the baby's arrival and then they all get to see the baby at once.

I know that this might seem like a stupid question but do showers have to be female only like bridal showers? The issue is I have lots of male friends so once you take them out of the equation I'll only have a few female friends there.
On the other hand is a baby shower too boring for guys to want to go to?

I know that this might seem like a stupid question but do showers have to be female only like bridal showers? The issue is I have lots of male friends so once you take them out of the equation I'll only have a few female friends there.

I grew up going to baby showers where it's girls only, but my husband's family throws couples showers, both for weddings and babies. It's also a great chance for the entire family and friends to get together. Usually it ends up being more casual and there's rarely any games, but it can also be alot more relaxed and fun - no silly traditions to stick to! My aunt and cousin are throwing me a traditional baby shower with girls only. I kind of prefer it that way, and the guys can help load and clean everything after we're done!!

I grew up going to baby showers where it's girls only, but my husband's family throws couples showers, both for weddings and babies. It's also a great chance for the entire family and friends to get together. Usually it ends up being more casual and there's rarely any games, but it can also be alot more relaxed and fun - no silly traditions to stick to! My aunt and cousin are throwing me a traditional baby shower with girls only. I kind of prefer it that way, and the guys can help load and clean everything after we're done!!

Hi Kansas, thanks for that. I think I might go for the more casual mixed party then. I'll let my mum know :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->