When do you plan on installing travel system!!

Mummyxofx2

Reaction score
Ok so I have had my carseat sitting in the box at home for about 4 weeks. When do you plan on installing it in the car? I was thinking at about 35-36 weeks?? What are your thoughts

Yeah that's when I will. I will probably get it in there at 36 wks, just to be all set ( although I had to be induced with my first at 41 1/2 wks, so chances are itll be in there for some time, but it wont hurt right!) one less thing to do later!

I must have caught the nesting bug and cleaned the whole of my car by hand inside yesterday and then set the seat up... I figured this month I'm having a baby regardles so it was probably time

I have the beating bug to that's why I aske cause I want to do it now lol but it's way to early so ill wait another 4-5 weeks

I have the same plan of about 36 weeks.

If that's when my husband wants me to have bags packed and stashed in vehicle, that is when he will have the car seat installed, as well.

We did ours at 35+2 and that night I had to go into triage and was told to expect to leave with my baby! If we had one thing going for us it was that we had already installed the car seat :lol:

I had my travel system since I was 3 months. I'm almost 37 weeks and finally set it up and installed my car seat base. Now that everything is set, I feel better knowing I can just grab everything and go when the time comes. Hopefully soon.

I have had it for a few weeks I waited for it to come on sale. I have Nevaeh's bags packed and ready but not mine. I'm going to go buy some trackies or yoga pants and some granny undies and pack my stuff lol. I'm preparing now because ATM I have bad baby brain and would forget everything. For Nevaeh is have 4 singlets 4 grow suits and one coming home oufit, 4 bibs, 4 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of mittens, 4 wraps and 1 bottle just incase. I think that's all I need oh and nappies and wipes lol

i still havent done mine went overdue with my first so think i'll just wait till due date or im in labour this time dont fancy it sitting in car for 3 weeks with no baby in it really hoping i dont go over due this time

The base was installed probably 2 weeks ago and my bags were put in the boot 1 week ago. I won't put the actual seat in until the day we bring baby home. :)

We'll probably install the base at around 35/36 weeks (well, Hubbie will) and just pop the car seat on when we head to the hospital.

Installed mine at 29-30 weeks!
I was so keen to do it, but also it was cluttering up my house, and now I'm 36 weeks I couldn't imagine doing it now as I'm so big!! My car is a 3 door so I don't really fit in the back anymore!!! X

i still havent done mine went overdue with my first so think i'll just wait till due date or im in labour this time dont fancy it sitting in car for 3 weeks with no baby in it really hoping i dont go over due this time

I went almost 42 weeks w DS1 so we took the approach u have decided upon and let's just say thank God I didn't have to transfer from HB to hospital! Like u, i had anticipated going overdue again...He amazingly arrived at 38 weeks which is basically an entire month earlier than DS1. I cant imagine trying to install that thing while getting to the hospital and beingn in labor. So I would say be careful w that logic lol

We aren't going to install until after our babies are born. My husband will be going home whilst I'm in hospital post-birth and can install then & return to hospital to collect us all.

hubby put it in at 37 weeks so that DD cold get used to having to share the back seat, hoping it makes DD's transition into big sisterhood a little easier

The base will go in at 31 weeks (this weekend!) but the car seat wont be going in the car until needed.

You shouldn't install the actual car seat until baby comes home. If you have a bump / car crash you need to buy a new seat as you'll have rendured your unused seat unsafe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->