When do you start buying stuff?

I agree, I'd buy it too. My travel system was on sale so I've ordered it, plus ordered a moses basket, bottles and feeding set. Whenever I see things half price I go for it. I suppose if something was to go wrong (praying it won't obviously) I can either return or keep it for when I do have a baby

I was gonna hold out a bit longer than I have, but I went for a venicci pram that was on offer, from £999 to £600 so I ordered it there and then!!!

I was going to hold off until after 20 weeks but got a 12 piece silver cross bundle for £938 from £1600 so I just had to buy it hahaha

I was going to hold off until after 20 weeks but got a 12 piece silver cross bundle for £938 from £1600 so I just had to buy it hahaha

I had a silvercross surf on my 1st! Honestly such an amazing pram but I drive a Suzuki swift now and would never get a surf in my boot now hahaha! I went for the venicci as all the wheels pop off the frame so easily, perfect for my tiny car! OH said I can use his car as and when but I live my little shirley (my car) I thought I'll just make do and find a pram and accommodates my car not the other way round haha

View attachment 1059360

Definitely going for this one. It turns into a stroller as well for when baby gets bigger.

I dont know if your still wanting this pram hun but I went to mothercare to look at it, and tbh, it's not amazing, very cheapy feels to it, hardly any suspension and just feels a bit tack! But for £300 you cant complain! Everyone's different I'm just fussy haha

I basically just buy whenever I find stuff I need on sale, I've already got the cot because it was £70 reduced to £10 :lol:

I had a silvercross surf on my 1st! Honestly such an amazing pram but I drive a Suzuki swift now and would never get a surf in my boot now hahaha! I went for the venicci as all the wheels pop off the frame so easily, perfect for my tiny car! OH said I can use his car as and when but I live my little shirley (my car) I thought I'll just make do and find a pram and accommodates my car not the other way round haha
It's the pioneer I've went for. And I got it in a bundle with everything you can imagine so thought why not! I actually hadn't even thought about that haha, fortunately I drive a big car so it should be fine. I was more concerned about the weight, cause my mum will be looking after the baby when I go back to work and I needed something she'd be able to lift too lol.

I think if it had unlimited returns I’d just bite the bullet and get it, but you only get 30 days which isn’t very long at all! it’s a Cosatto giggle 2, but I really like the Wow so might wait and see if the Wow ever goes on sale in the pattern I want... it just means potentially missing out on this great deal. I’m so indecisive! lol

Last time we shopped bit by bit after 15 weeks (first official antenatal appointment). We had everything!

This time, I think we're going to stick with

* co-sleeper/bedside cot
* Hana stretchy wrap
* some newborn cloth nappies & wipes
* carseat
* basic clothes bundle (we gave away almost all of G's baby stuff years ago)
* bottles (I can't bf) -will probably rent a pump for a month just to get the colostrum, but pumping is hell and this time I want to enjoy my first few weeks instead of freaking out over my boobs not working.

And get other stuff after baby arrives. We don't do sex-specific colours or anything so that's not a consideration. I had pink & blue sleepsuits with me at the hospital last time, for instagram purposes ;)

Last time, I had a Mamas & Papas buggy/pram and it was a dream to use. Steered one handed really smoothly. I bought it used for next to nothing because it wasn't very pretty cosmetically. But I think I'll look for similar again.

It's the pioneer I've went for. And I got it in a bundle with everything you can imagine so thought why not! I actually hadn't even thought about that haha, fortunately I drive a big car so it should be fine. I was more concerned about the weight, cause my mum will be looking after the baby when I go back to work and I needed something she'd be able to lift too lol.

Yeah I know what you mean! I'm surprised at how light the Venicci is it is a lot lighter than my silvercross surf base! Considering the venicci looks pretty big! I'm panicking with my car now my partner looked on my boot yesterday and said yeah... you might struggle, so I'm considering part exing my car for something bigger, not that I want too I love my little car, but with 3 kids, a little car is a no go I think

I'm holding off buying anything until I hit 26 weeks. My hubby brought a crib but it's being kept at a friends house.
I was gonna start buying at 24 weeks but now that's only 4 and half weeks away I think I'm going to wait until I'm 26 or 28 weeks then go blue crazy.
I think if my pregnancy was healthy and normol I wud start buying much sooner but with my diognosis I want to hold of a bit longer.

My moses basket got delivered today. It comes with a rocking stand but I couldn't be bothered building it haha. But it's so adorable and it's making me so excited!

9CB35653-CC7D-4E4D-B512-C6D4D4CDE494.jpeg

My moses basket got delivered today. It comes with a rocking stand but I couldn't be bothered building it haha. But it's so adorable and it's making me so excited!

View attachment 1061328

That so cute! I love the little Bobby patterns on it! I've had so many baby blankets which look like this :) where is this one from? I really like it x

That so cute! I love the little Bobby patterns on it! I've had so many baby blankets which look like this :) where is this one from? I really like it x
I got it online hun, they've got a summer sale on so it was only £45 for the basket with stand and it comes with the mattress. I think delivery was free over £50 so I just added on a couple of things to bring it to £50. Here's the link hun x
Kinder Valley White Wicker Moses Basket & Stand (Dimple White Grey) | PreciousLittleOne

With my first I didn't buy anything until I was 35 weeks. I have a rare illness that causes miscarriage and premature labour so I was overly cautious. With my others I had most from my first but everything that was needed was bought by 20 weeks lol x

I caved and bought the travel system! I now have two massive boxes in my room until the baby comes! Lol it’s so lovely though and I’m really pleased with it, was so weird opening it and imagining my own little baby in it and just 4/5 months! Kind of makes it feel more real!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->