• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When do you steralise your bottles?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
The last twice I've bottle fed my babies I had someone do it for me while in hospital, but if I was to do it myself and sooner how soon would you say would be safe?

Also I have a TT perfect prep machine, when is the soonest I can pop the filter in ready to be used? I had one with my last baby and I'm sure I set it all up filter included at 36 weeks, which now looking back seemed a bit soon

Last edited:
I sterilized my dd's bottles when I took them out of the packaging, about 2 weeks before I had her. Here, the recommendation is to sterilize when new (bottles, pacifier, sippy cup) but it's not needed after that. My dd's pediatrician reminded me that germs are all around us in the air, so a bottle is not ever actually sterile. Guidelines where you live may differ.

I never used the prep machine so can't comment there.

We steriliser Tommy's bottles when I got home from the hospital. They were still in the packaging lol. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->