When do you wrap?

mrsmummy2

Mum of 3 ❤
Reaction score
I usually do a lot of it in one big go (usually at some point in November because I'm too excited!) Then add bits as I go along after that...
This year I'm planning on doing it ALL on Christmas Eve ... am I crazy?! :xmas13:

Its all stashed away in difficult places which will inevitably rip the paper when putting it back in so I figured only getting it back out once to wrap and put under the tree seemed like a good idea.

I think that is a good idea! We used to do it Christmas Eve when we lived in another state and didn't have family around but we live closer to the in laws now so we go there xmas eve.

Think I will do the wrapping second week of December, once I have the last bits in.

That is exactly why I wrap on Christmas Eve! Too many years moving it upstairs and then back down has ripped paper and it's annoying lol. Much easier to just wrap and then pop it straight under the tree!

I'm normally all wrapped by now! But I don't know how I'll ever find the time to wrap with a fussy newborn about :haha:

I'm going to wrap next week in the mornings. DH is on 6-2 and the kids will be at school and nursery so I'm going to try and get a lot of it done then :)

I wait until the tree is up and I've got pretty much everything. I like to be done before then break up from school. I don't like to leave it too late in case there's an issue like the year there was a power cut Christmas Eve and I was wrapping by candle light. I just keep the presents in their delivery boxes in my bedroom so they can go back in there no problem and also have storage under the sofa so a large amount of it can go under there and not even need taking back up after wrapping.

Glad there's others out there wrapping on Christmas Eve. DH thinks I'm mad :haha:

@HLx haha oh bless. I'm glad dh and my mum will be here to share the load, or more to the point hold Finley while I wrap! Hes such a good baby but oh boy does he hate being put down :haha:

@motherofboys oh nooo a power cut!! Nightmare!! :shock:

That must have been difficult wrapping all the presents after a power cut! :xmas1:

Th ere were power cuts in loads of areas that year, we were lucky and it went at 4pm Christmas Eve and was back on at 8am Christmas morning. It meant an old fashioned Christmas Eve introducing the kids to charades, wrapping in by candle light and opening presents by candle light but we were still able to have a decent Christmas the rest of the day. I know some areas were off even longer.
Ds4 was only 2 months old as well.

Th ere were power cuts in loads of areas that year, we were lucky and it went at 4pm Christmas Eve and was back on at 8am Christmas morning. It meant an old fashioned Christmas Eve introducing the kids to charades, wrapping in by candle light and opening presents by candle light but we were still able to have a decent Christmas the rest of the day. I know some areas were off even longer.
Ds4 was only 2 months old as well.

What a day for a powercut! Turkey cooked by candle :haha:

My ex is taking our Son's on the 21st tell the 24th, so I am hoping to get it all done while they are away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->