When does a baby become a toddler?! (..and a brag!)

BabyDragon

Expecting my rainbow baby
Reaction score
So when does a baby become a toddler???

My baby is almost 10 1/2 months, and within the last week alone, I have been TOTALLY taken back by her, and wonder... WTH happened to my little baby that couldn't even FART on her own?!

She has said her first word, and sadly it's not MaMa, not even milk like I would have thought, but rather 'ooooch!' for touch and she'll point at the things she wants to touch....

She saw me talk on the phone ONCE (not a phone person) and now everything is a phone to her, particularly the remote control, and she'll put it to her ears and 'talk.'

She's a PRO at getting off the bed now. I took off the metal frame and head board after she fell off of it at five months.. And it only took me teaching her three times...but now, she'll swing her legs over, and slowly slide herself off the bed... And the other day, I heard her talking and what do you know? The little monster woke up (mattress on top of the box spring, so still a good foot and a half drop at least), from her nap, got off the bed, crawled out of the room, to the top of the stairs and was shaking the baby gate like she was a convicted criminal.

And just today?

She was at her activity table, and the little monster let go, took five steps and WALKED towards me! She did it twice!!

WTH?! I was expecting her to do it by a year...but not this early!! My niece didnt even crawl properly until almost a year!

So does this mean she is now a toddler?!? :cry:

image.jpg

So cool when they walk.

My LO started walking around 10 months. I'm classing her a toddler when sures 12 months.

Coralie walked at 11 months but I didn't really class her as a toddler until she walked confidentially and could run which was about a month later.

DD walked at 9 1/2 months. Walking really really well at 11 months I still didn't really class her as a toddler, I guess the change over for me is about a year. I would not class a non walking 15 month old as a baby, that would still be a toddler in my mind.

Well done to your LO!

People have different definitions of when a baby becomes a toddler. Some people say it is when a baby begins to walk and other people say it is when they turn 18 months.

I still think of my 21-month-old as my baby :cloud9:

Alex is 11 months and walking now, we got his first tiny pair of shoes yesterday, sob! He's still very much a baby to me however!

That is so cute I can't get over it 'ooooch' I love that!!

What a clever LO you have!

I remember Lewis's first word 'DON'T' in a really serious tone and Holly's were 'ALLLLLL GONE' seems like a hundred years ago now! I wonder what Rose's will be...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->