When does a baby start to sleep longer?

VanWest

1 baby, 4 step-kids
Reaction score
When does a new baby start sleeping more then 3-4 hours a time? Or does anyone know when its okay to let a preemie go longer then 3-4 hours without eating? I need some sleep! lol His corrected age is 16 days

Oh hun I'd hate to make any suggestions with him being premature x Hope someone can answer!

I love your avatar what a lil cracker he is :D x

Rylee was 12 days pre (which isn't much) and for the most part she would wake her self up when she was hungry during the day but once she learned day from night and kinda knew what "bed time" was I would just let her sleep until she woke me up.... she was pretty good about it too, but a few times we both where sleeping hard and she went like 6 hours and at that point I woke up freaked out and got her up. (with in the first 3 weeks)

I would ask you care provider if your worried about it but I wouldnt let thim go much longer then 6 hours because "they are like puppies and can get dehydrated and malnourished fast."

But.... this is my first baby and I am no one special.... this is all just from my experience and Rylees fine so far and shes 2 months now sleeping through the night.

anyways I really hope you can work something out because I know you need the sleep. Rylee sleeping through the night didn't come a moment to soon for me

:hugs:

hiya,

my little boy was 12 weeks early and to tell you the truth it took him 7 months until he slept through from 11 till 6, I think with their tummies only being very small they have to eat often. I would say feed very strictly during the day, getting as much milk into lo as possible then let him set the pace for the night, but it probably will take quite a while yet.

On the other hand my little girl who was only 5 weeks early was sleeping through from about 4-5 months.

hope this has helped abit.

oh Has the neonatal team gave you a summary of the amount of ml's of milk he should be having?, when My little boy was in nicu it was 150ml per kg of weight per 24 hours( mind you I think that was EBM) . If you can work this out then you will know what he has to get, unless you are breastfeeding of course.

He currently eats every 2-4 hours. He's eatting anywhere from 2-3.5 oz at a feeding. I have stopped setting my cell phone alarm to wake me up. And he still wakes up about 3 1/2 hours during the night. Hopeing as his volume increases he will sleep longer lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->