When does placenta start taking over, or - when did your symptoms ease up?

Bumblebee117

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

The past couple of days my breasts have shrunk again and are not sore at all anymore. My bloat is gone and I have some of my energy back too! Still needed a nap and felt disgusted at most foods last night. Not feeling that nauseous anymore... Had the worst nausea last weekend before it started getting better.

At first I panicked thinking the worst but thank goodness I have a Doppler and baby's heart is beating loud and strong! :cloud9:

Now I've read that around 9-10 weeks the placenta starts to take over some of the hormone production until it completely takes over in the second trimester. Is that true?

Have you experienced something similar?

Would really appreciate some input. :hugs:

With my last pregnancy the symptoms eased by the time the second trimester started. Some of them never went away completely, like I had to keep eating or I would start feeling dizzy but the vomiting and constant nausea stopped. I'm currently eight weeks and the nausea is just a way of life at the moment, breasts are achey and I'm sick between 2-5 times a day. Really hoping things might get better by Christmas but not sure if there's much chance for that.

I'm currently 10 weeks today and have been losing my only symptom over the last two days (breast tenderness). I have been panicking and have Googled until I can't Google no more. I decided to speak to a midwife online this morning and she told me that around this time symptoms begin to level off and that it's common for women to lose them towards the end of the first trimester. She didn't mention the placenta but from what she said she didn't sound at all concerned that I was no more or less symptom free.

I hope that helps put your mind at rest. I have my 12 week scan in two weeks and I have been so worried I was considering booking a private one for this weekend, but after speaking to her this morning have decided to try and be brave and wait, hoping all will be fine. xx

Going on 15 Weeks and my nausea began to slow down from about 13Weeks. I don't really have nausea anymore maybe an odd or rare moment.

Breasts are still big but not sore- it's almost like off and on depending on what bra I wear or position I sleep.

I do however get the occassional dizzy spell but that's if I don't eat in time. My energy levels have slowly begun to return and I can do more than I could in first tri!

Hope this lasts lol.

You are almost there ladies hope u feel better super soon!

my nausea has started to ease this week and I'm 10 weeks along, I still have nausea but not all day like I used to, the cramps have gone but the heartburn hasn't really gone though.

Mine started easing up around 9 weeks and were completely gone by 10.5 weeks. Now it's a whole different set of issues, but I'm glad I don't have that extreme exhaustion anymore. That was HORRIBLE.

The fatigue is bad for me too. My eyes are burning I feel so tired. But I slept from half 8 last night until 6am. Early night again for me I reckon lol x

In my last pregnancy it went on till about 14 weeks, am really hoping this one will calm down in the next week or so as MS this time around is so much worse!! Also Christmas soon, I want to eat all the food!

I've had the exact thing happen with this pregnancy. With my other 3 kids, my symptoms of ms and vomitting lasted between 13-18 weeks. This pregnancy is SO different....my ms started to let up around 9w5d and even though I still experience it, it's less and I can actually function (thankful for that since I already have 3 kids to care for!).
I was totally freaked out, at first, but I'm pretty sure all is fine. I don't see my midwife again until December 23rd!!! Which seems so far away!

Tiredness and morning sickness eased up at 14 weeks for me both times. My sore boobs were gone by 5.5 weeks with my first baby and I don't remember having sore boobs with Sophie.

I'm 11 weeks and I have gradually started to get better. I'm not as nauseous as before but I'm being proper sick after my main meal every day which is fine as I feel much better after . Boobs haven't been sore in weeks , only at the begining and still tired but again not as exhausted as I was between weeks 4-10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->