When/If should I start IVF???

TLK

Reaction score
Ok I need your advice please. A little backgound info: I am 38 years old and a mom of a 2 1/2 year toddler who I conceived "naturally". (I'm not a fan of the word natural, it makes it seem that conceiving with assistance is unnatural). Since last summer I got pregnant twice pretty quickly but unfortunately both pregnancies were lost by miscarriages. Since January I have been monitored at the regional fertility clinic and have been on 3 rounds of clomid with no success (although I am ovulating). I have one more month of clomid before I see my fertility expert again. I have a feeling that he is going to suggest IVF next based on my age (will be 39 in December).

My question is, if you were me would you keep trying "naturally' for the next bit (6 months?) or would you start the IVF process earlier than later? I would love your advice.

Thank everyone in advance and good luck to us all!

Hi there! I'm sorry for your losses. I'm also 39 and I wish I had started the whole IVF process a while ago. I like you did clomid, then tried Femara then took a few months off, then decided to do IVF. Once I decided to do it it was another 4 months before egg retrieval and then 2 months until transfer (will be in 2 weeks). It's not a short process. At least you can get started and still try on your own in the mean time and if you get pregnant naturally great, but if not at least you are making steps towards IVF. At our age just a few months makes a HUGE difference in fertility and egg quality. Good luck!

Thank you for responding - I think you are right. At my clinic I know that there is some group info meeting about IVF even before you meet with a doctor individually. So let's get this ball rolling!

You live in Hawaii? Wow, lucky girl. That's where all us Canadians spend our holidays (or at least want to!).

I would say go to the meeting for sure, it can't hurt. Hopefully your clinic doesn't have a waiting list.

Yes, I live in Hawaii and yes, every winter we have lots and lots and lots of Canadians here. Many have condos and spend winters here and rent them out the rest of the year. Have you been here?

I was in Hawaii for our Honeymoon and went to Maui and the Big Island. I'm not sure which island liked better. Which island do you live on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->