When is it acceptable to put the tree up?

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
It's November... NOVEMBER!

I am absolutely dying to put my Christmas tree up. I think last year i did it the last weekend in November but I don't think I'll be able to wait that long this year!

When does yours go up? I wonder who on here will be first, I'm determined for it not to be me but I may just be second 😂😂😂

The day after Thanksgiving, so the last Friday in November. I would do it earlier if I could but DH insists I wait at least that long. :haha:

Always the 1st weekend in dec here

First weekend of December. My friend put hers up on the 1st November :dohh::haha:

The women next door but one has hers up, plus a tonne of lights!! Crazy!!!
1st weekend in December for me!

Id say mid dec but i guess it depends how long we can hold lo off.

I have been ordered to put work decs up TOMORROW :saywhat:

1st weekend of december. I wont do anything christmasy before dec, except shopping lol. But i do like them to be up early as we take them down day after boxing day, as i like all christmas stuff to be away ready for Noahs birthday on the 29th.

December? I won't be taking my tree down until baby arrives :haha: so might still have the tree up mid January! ...Then realistically with the new baby I'll be too tried to take it down...So it might be up until February :blush:

Plenty of shops have theirs up! So if you want it up just do it! maybe keep your curtains closed for a few weeks so the neighbours don't think you've gone nuts haha.

1st December!

Much earlier they'd be covered in dust before Santa comes.

We are putting ours up last weekend in November as I want it up and all sorted before baby arrives due on 10 December. Unless she decides to make an early appearance !!

We don't do ours tell the second week in December because if we put it up to early we will have to keep re doing it, with the cats and dog and children lol

First weekend in December is when ours goes up, I have been known to do it at the very end of November instead but my OH won't allow that lol

We've always been the first week of December but last year dh said we might as well do it the last weekend in November. I guess it will all depends when the weekends fall as he will want them up before his birthday on the 4th

1st December. I really really what them up now, but I refuse to do it until december. I asked OH to book december 1st off work so we can put everything up together :haha:

We're usually the 1st Dec or first weekend, this year I booked Santa steam train on Sun 29th November so we'll put it up ready for the kids to decorate that morning, then do the train then watch the big lights switch on in town. It's earlier than I'd like but want to come home to a christmassy house after all the festive fun!

Please tell me thats not looney and I'll be the only bnb 'er all dec'd out! x

Ours will also be going up the first weekend of December, we get a real tree and putting it up any sooner come Christmas it will be a very dead tree! Our decorations come down on boxing day as we go to back to visit family for new year and when we come back it's dh's birthday so we want the house to look normal :haha:

the very earliest i would put mine up is 1st december. other than than i prefer mid december

We're usually the 1st Dec or first weekend, this year I booked Santa steam train on Sun 29th November so we'll put it up ready for the kids to decorate that morning, then do the train then watch the big lights switch on in town. It's earlier than I'd like but want to come home to a christmassy house after all the festive fun!

Please tell me thats not looney and I'll be the only bnb 'er all dec'd out! x

I doubt you'll be the first and it is only a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->