When is it acceptable to put the tree up?

We always put the main tree up the weekend closest to the 1st december! This year its the weekend before :winkwink:
However I start sneaking ornaments on 1st November like our christmas countdown :winkwink:
I am considering putting up my small disney tree this week, that one just goes in the hall :haha:

No earlier than mid-December. We get a real tree and leave it up until 12th Night, so it wouldn't last otherwise. I start putting other, non-tree, decorations up around the first/second weekend in December. In real life this appears to be the norm, but when I say that in here I look like a freak :xmas13:

Last year I put all our Christmas decorations on Nov. 3rd :haha: This year I am *trying* to wait at least 2 more weeks but I really want to put everything up now!! We don't do outdoor decorations until the last week in November, and we don't have any houseguests really, so its just for my son and I DH isn't super thrilled to have it up so early but he is very easy going about things, I think its just that he doesnt want to carry the boxes up from the basement lol

ive said that OH cant put it up until december atleast once he buys one, last year it was up the first week of november which everyone on IG thought was hilarious!

Usually mid November... but were moving this year so I've no idea xx

My hubby insists we don't put it up till after thanksgiving, so we do it the weekend after thanksgiving, so last weekend in Nov. If i out them up earlier than that they would look a mes before chirstmas with the amount the kids touch them lol

We put ours up on the 30th November so it's up, ready for the start of December. I take all the tree down a few days after Christmas as I can't stand the clutter at that point.

29th November this year lol Always try to have it up for the 1st dec

We have just spoke and agreed on the weekend of 27th. Which means I'll probably be able to get my way and get it up the start of that week or the weekend before lol!

We usually put ours up right after Thanksgiving. Saw this meme the other day on FB, and it made me laugh, so had to share since it goes along with this topic, lol

Attachments

• turkey.png
    turkey.png
    97 KB · Views: 0
my tree goes up round the 1st dec and comes down as soon as we come back from holiday over new year haha :haha:

We're doing it tonight lol

I told my parents we were putting it up November 30th ready for 1st December and they laughed and said it was too early then (they are scrooges lol) and when they left my husband told me he wanted to put it up early november! LOL (he used to dislike christmas but since Callum has started believing in Santa he loves it!)

So we agreed on tonight, my husband has even put it on the calendar :dohh:

My tree is going up next week, I have already started to set a few decorations around the house :)

Saw a house today with all their outside lights up, so some people think its ok now.

Well after some bribery (dh wanting to eat the christmas chocolates) we have moved it forward to THIS WEEKEND!!!

Eeekk :happydance:

1st December it goes up and down before the new year (hate new year!)

Looking forward to seeing trees . Ours will probably be 2nd December .

Someone on my Facebook put hers up last weekend! Each to their own but I couldn't, as cleaning around the tree and decorations drives me mad. :haha: I think I'd also get fed up of seeing them by the time Christmas came. We're putting ours up the first weekend of December. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->