when is realistic to look for my dress?

DonnaBallona

newlyweds!
Reaction score
so, we are getting hitched on September 20th next year- and I am expecting our third baby on December 27th. we have already been to check out Bridesmaid dresses and chosen the ones we want; we just need to go back and get them early next year in London as they are off the peg.

So I'm wondering when I should start looking at dresses for me....I literally have no idea what I'm looking for or even where to start looking. if iv had a baby late Dec/Early Jan I'm not going to be able to go out until at least Feb to even look but how long will the dress shops need to do alterations and fittings, and to choose a dress etc? do I have to book an appt at these shops months in advance?

sorry-I'm well confused!

I'm pregnant at the minute and I am due end of January and we get married June!
I went looking and trying on in July then ordered my dress beginning of August! This was because I needed to be measured before I got any bigger so I could have a better guess at sizing!
I went to 2 bridal shops and both shops take 20 weeks to order in a dress then alterations are time on top of that! I'd say go looking as soon as you can after baby or even speak to some shops now just to see what kind of time span you are looking at!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

REALLY?!!! omg-I'll need to crack on after baby gets out then!!! oops!

when should I start making appointments to go to the shops? is a couple of weeks before I want to go ok, or is it a 'book in December to go in Feb' type thing?

Depends where you're buying the dress from - if you go down the shop in the UK route then allow several months (and take out a mortgage!) if you order online then it's generally 1mth for delivery but I'd allow extra time in case you don't like it/needs more alterations etc

:shock: :shock: :shock:

REALLY?!!! omg-I'll need to crack on after baby gets out then!!! oops!

when should I start making appointments to go to the shops? is a couple of weeks before I want to go ok, or is it a 'book in December to go in Feb' type thing?

With me I made the appointment with one shop the week before and went the following week (for a Saturday appointment) that same day I just went into another shop and was told to come back a few hours later!
I've since been back to both shops in the week and didn't even need to make an appointment so a few weeks I'm sure would be fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->