When is the third tri Ultrasound?

I get one at 32 weeks.. low placenta last ultrasound...but usually no 3rd one is done unless paid for:)

Im in the USA. When i lived in central PA the only ones i got were to check on the baby around 6 weeks (i had a MC the month previous and was spotting with that one, so they checked). Then they did an early u/s at 8 weeks for dating purposes. Then i had the 20 week u/s. I got one at 41+3 because i was over due, but otherwise i would not have had that one.

With DS2 i never had a 3rd tri u/s either. I live in New Hampshire now. I only got one for dating and one for the 20 week. Same will happen with this baby unless of course they suspect a medical issue and want to check things out.

Most of the women i know do not get a 3rd tri u/s unless there is a medical reason or they want a private u/s (non medical) done. (and i know a lot from all over the US bc i am a birth doula and child birth educator). There is one doctor near my hometown in PA that does them super duper often near the end though, so i guess it really depends on the doctor/practice. But most i know dont get them unless there is a good reason for it (i.e. malposition of baby, low lying placenta, issues with the baby, going overdue, too much amniotic fluid, GD, Pre-E, etc). It really boils down to your doctors preferences. Seem like the majority dont do 3rd tri u/s unless a medical indication has arisen, but there are some that do them during 3rd tri pretty routinly. They dont seem to be as common but if they do it seems like they do them often.

Sounds like you need to ask your doctor. I am in the US and I only get one to date the pregnancy early on and at 20 weeks unless there is an issue.

its normal in the UK to only have a scan at 12 and 20 weeks

however I am high risk so have had 10 scans this pregnancy :-/

Ive got a growth scan booked for 32 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->