When is the usual bloodwork done?

laura11111

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm not sure if there is a standard for pregnancy bloodwork, but around here, we get it done twice to look for chromosomal defects. The first time is between x and x weeks and the second time is between x and x weeks.

I just need you to fill in the x's for me, because I forget! I think it's like 9-11 weeks and then 16-20, but I could be totally off!

I'm worried because my doctor doesn't have an opening until I'm 11.5 week and I don't want to miss the window!

I got my usual checks , blood type STIs etc done at my booking in appointment with the midwife at 7/8 weeks I think it was .

I then got the Down’s syndrome , genetics testing etc done at my 12/13 week scan !

That’s all we get done in my area unless something gets flagged up !

Its 12 to 15 weeks here in England for adnormiltys chromisonal bloodwork we also have a scan which checks the fluid at the back of baby's neck.
I'm having the bloodwork and scan on 9th April I'll be 13 weeks.
I've also got a scan to check my liver and kidneys on 1st April but gonna get them to have a good look at baby as well just to put my mind at ease a little.
I'm 39 so I'm really worried but praying baby Is healthy.
I had a reassurance scan at 9+1 and baby was very active and was told at that scan baby was perfect so I'm hoping that's a good indication [-o<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->