When should I be concerned about *ahem* poop? TMI

mayacat

Reaction score
I'm 10w2d today and after a few days of loose stool/gas about a week ago (bloodwork that I had done at 9w seemed to indicate it was a tummy bug), I just realized that I don't think I've had a bm since last Monday. When should this be an issue to bring up? I'm a little uncomfortable today but don't have any of the warning signs the internet says are huge red flags.

Is this normal during pregnancy? I don't have any of the red flag symptoms the internet says are bad news. I didn't go this long at any point with my first baby though.

I would take some Metamucil and drink lots of water. Definitely should have one every few days at least. If you don't have one in 24 hours I might give the nurse a call

Constipation is incredibly common in pregnancy, sadly. But it is something you should probably address sooner rather than later, just for your own comfort and overall health. I second the suggestion to drink a ton of water. Things like prunes and Raisin Bran can help. Using stool softeners like Colace can also help and are generally safe for occasional use during pregnancy.

Since it's been over a week, you may want to consult a medical professional just to make sure you're taking the most effective and safe route.

I don't think it's just a pregnancy concern but just a general one if it's been more than 7 days! Although I've gone longer and been absoloutely fine, just in a lot of pain! I suffer from chronic constipation and pregnancy has made it much worse!

Try some home remedies - Milk of Magnesia is safe in pregnancy and can be used as a gentle laxative. Prunes, prune juice (I hate both). And if it continues, speak to your doctor to see if they recommend a little extra help to get things moving! I have a stool softener (laxido) for my bad weeks which works a treat!

Hope it resolves quickly for you and doesn't get too painful!

I may have spoke too soon as I finally had a little relief, lol. I've been kind of lacking in the water-drinking department, so hopefully that'll help keep me from going another week! I think the longest I went during my first prg was 5 days. Being ill two weekends ago probably didn't help.

I always get stuck extremely stopped u after I've battled a stomach bug. And during pregnancy? Progesterone slows down your bowels to let your body absorb more nutrients from your food. This means several months of constipation. I have learned a thing or two after literally spending 2 hours on the toilet with my first-born and eventually having to have impacted stool removed manually (gloved hand - YUCK!!!! Don't ever want that again). Drink tons of water. Eat fruits and vegetables, even if you hate them. Eat some more. If you're constipated, add prunes or prune juice. My doctor allows us to take Colace, if it's really bad, milk of magnesia (but not too much! I learned that lesson the hard way. Hahaha). Straining to make a bowel movement makes my cervix bleed, since it is so sensitive during the first trimester, so I am very careful to stay regular and keep my stools easy to pass. You're welcome. -the poop expert

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->