When should I start to feel movement and kicks?

KLD

Reaction score
I'm 19 weeks now and I have felt some fluttering but not a lot. When should I expect to feel more movement and/or the first kick?

its obviously different for everyone...i'd started feeling kicks around 19 weeks...you should feel them in a week or 2 if you already feel the flutters...it's hard to tell at first or to differentiate...it's only after you realllly know the kicks do you realize what you were feeling at frist were actual kicks ;)

I dont know the answer to this but I hope more people reply. I am 16 weeks and dont even have a bump so I dont know when I will feel anything! Keep us posted!

I dont know the answer to this but I hope more people reply. I am 16 weeks and dont even have a bump so I dont know when I will feel anything! Keep us posted!

I will Julie thank you and congrats xx

its obviously different for everyone...i'd started feeling kicks around 19 weeks...you should feel them in a week or 2 if you already feel the flutters...it's hard to tell at first or to differentiate...it's only after you realllly know the kicks do you realize what you were feeling at frist were actual kicks ;)

Thanks KZD, I think that I'm just at the stage now where i want more to be happening, although I am told that i should relish this stage as it won't last long :)

Good luck and congrats xx

Hi!

I was about 17 weeks when i started to feel faint flutters / movement quite low down - very different to wind but hard to explain! I think i just knew it was bubs. Last few days it has been getting stringer and stronger - wouldn't call them kicks yet but even DH had his had on my tummy last night and could feel bubs which was amazing.

Every woman is different - i think i am feeling things quite early (this is my first) as i am a skinny minnie and bubs seems to be sitting just below my skin it seems! I have heard that some placentas lie in front of the baby which cushions its movements and delays the feeling of the first movements xxx

everyone is different. at my 20 weeks exam the sonographer told me that i would be feeling little flutters around 22 weeks and kicks at 26 but i've been feeling, and seeing, full on jack hammer kicks since 14 weeks. i'm now about to turn 26 weeks and he's actually calmed down a bit. i think it depends on your body type and how active your baby is at certain stages. most of my kicks happen either around noon or at night when i'm trying to sleep.

hi, im 17 weeks and not yet started feeling flutters let alone kicks. seen midwife today and she has said it should be around 20 weeks when i start feeling baby!!! ive just got to carry on being patient!!!

xxx

I am still having on and off days. Last Saturday I was lying on the sofa and felt stuff, Tuesday baby seemed to be having fun while I was at work and this morning I was lying in bed with my hands cupped over the bottom of the bump and could feel something moving ever so slightly. I must confess to being a little bit disappointed :( I have been waiting patiently(ish) to reach 20 weeks because I should definitely be feeling stuff by then and now I only have 2 days left and am still not feeling much. About four little twitches since this morning and that's it. Scan on Tuesday so I am sure I will be convinced by then that the baby isn't growing enough and that's why everyone else is feeling things and not me.

I've had a couple kicks when I'm trying to fall asleep - very light, like a heavy twitch - I try to tell myself I'm in no real hurry after MIL decided to spend 30 minutes telling me about how DH almost broke her ribs during a kicking spree LOL

KLD you are doing good if you are already feeling flutters!!

I am 19wks today too and nothing yet at all for me, but not worrying - I am really enjoying being pregnant now that a wee bump has appeared over the last week or so.

I have a scan in 10days time so might have felt the flutters by then I hope!!

I'm the same as you I have felt flutters and the odd pop feeling but I'm still waiting patiently for a full blown kick and to see my tummy move. I CANT WAIT!! I'm hoping it will happen soon.

It's different for everyone hun....you should start feeling full movements soon though.

I started having full blown kicks this week and yesterday morning while sitting on the sofa, I felt LO moving and kicking around, when I looked down at my tummy...it was moving with the punches, hell I was on cloud nine all day.

I am 21 weeks and haven't felt any kicks yet!!!

Think I have felt some flutters but wouldn't bet my salary on it!!!!

Nice to hear others are the same but am getting impatient now. Seems pregnancy is all about waiting, for scans, appointments and now kicks!

I'm 21 wks tomorrow and I haven't felt anything either. I thought I felt a few flutters a wk or so ago but not felt anything since. I had my scan last Friday so know all is well. I was told by the sonographer that sometimes you don't feel anything until the 24th wk. So I'm trying not to fret too much.

I started feeling pops and pokes at 15 weeks but it wasn't until 19 weeks when I started feeling more kicks and even more movement this last week.

That being said, yesterday and today she's been rather quiet. :) I'm with all of you. I can't wait for daily, intense movement!

I have already posted in this thread that I dont know the answer to this but am intrigued to find out. Well a day after posting that my tummy started twitching like when you get a twitchy eye, like a spasm sort of thing. (I am 16 weeks). I thought nothing of it at first but its continued all weekend, like jerky twitches and nothing I have ever felt before. And last night I had a sensation of bubbles going pop. I wonder of this is the start of it? The books all say 20 weeks plus but that is only a guideline. :shrug:

I was 24 weeks so don't worry yourself if u think you should have felt them and haven't

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->