When should I stop having sex?

aflaspoehler

Baby number one!
Reaction score
I'm 37 weeks and dilated at a one is it still safe to have sex? One of my friends said it's not because you can get an infection, anyone know for sure?

Ive never been tokd to stop sex. You can only.get an.infection if your waters go,and you have sex. Im dilated to 2-3 and still dtd.

I'm not sure about that, I think you're just not supposed to once your water breaks for risk of infection. I was dialated to 1 and we had sex with my DD to try and move things along. Didn't work, but I tried haha

Unless you've been told by your MW/Dr to not have sex, then its completely fine up until your waters go. Enjoy!

Do it for as long as you can or are told to stop for some reason!

Good for you for still enjoying yourself. I feel so big and uncomfortable and really don't enjoy it while pregnant. Poor dh :(

my doctor encouraged us to have sex to move things along. The manual stimulation might move things around in there and the semen releases proglastins which make your cervix more favorable. But I agree with pps, not after your water breaks. You could always ask him to wash up beforehand if you're worried about infection

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->