When to buy first shoes?

I got Izzy some as soon as she started to stand up and move around, I think it helped her as she felt more secure in them.

Violet hates things on her feet so I'm not bothering until she actually 'needs' them (when she starts walking outside).
She does so much better bare foot so we'll stick to what works :winkwink:

I had this problem. Nursery wanted shoes but Clarkes wouldnt measure them until they could walk. The girls were born 10 weeks early so although they are 14 months they should only be 11 and a half months. They are standing but not walking and nursery said they needed shoes to learn how to get up as socks were slippery for them on the nursery flooring.
I ended up buying them soft bottomed shoes from Next for them to wear at Nursery as they had a grip on the bottom and as soon as they can walk I will take them to Clarkes.
xx

I bought amelie some just before she was 1. They were a size 2E and they still fit her :rofl: I mainly got her them because when we're out shopping she likes to walk whilst im holding her hands (she cant on her own yet).

I had this problem. Nursery wanted shoes but Clarkes wouldnt measure them until they could walk. The girls were born 10 weeks early so although they are 14 months they should only be 11 and a half months. They are standing but not walking and nursery said they needed shoes to learn how to get up as socks were slippery for them on the nursery flooring.
I ended up buying them soft bottomed shoes from Next for them to wear at Nursery as they had a grip on the bottom and as soon as they can walk I will take them to Clarkes.
xx

Thats bad practise from the nursery! Barefeet is best.

My daughter walked independently at 9 months, which was springtime last year. She had been in Cruisers for a few weeks because she was wanting to walk everywhere with us (including outside). She stayed in her cruisers once walking for a few weeks because Clarkes didn't do walkers small enough for her.

I take her every 6 weeks to get measured but she doesn't always need new shoes. Before Christmas she went 6 weeks before growing and then 5 weeks but the pair she is wearing now she has had since the first week of December and they are still fitting her. I get the feeling she is going to go through a few pairs quickly this spring.

Most babies you see that are wearing shoes and arent walking yet are just for the "look" and beauty of it. There is no reason to put shoes on a baby who can't yet walk. Shoes most of the time, can cause a child to walk later than children who dont wear shoes until they take their first steps. Your baby will outgrow them so fast, their is no point. I have 4 kiddies and never put shoes on them until they walked first. They all took their first steps by 9 months, as I know other mommies whose children didnt walk until much much later when they put shoes on their childrens feet. Wait until your baby can walk and then invest in a good pair of shoes, for now just socks or booties will do just fine ;)

I got Joseph his first shoes once he was walking inside confidently, then started taking him outside for walks once he got his shoes, at around 14 months x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->