When to contact midwife?

bumblebeexo

Reaction score
:hi:

I got my BFP this morning! I got a really faint positive on a cheapie test and clearblue said 1-2 weeks. I came off the pill a few months ago. First cycle was 35 days, and second I was on day 56 (today) so before I tested I thought the pill had just messed up my periods. I tested last week and was negative, so I can only presume I ovulated late and I'm 3-4 weeks now. This is my second pregnancy.
When should I book in to see a midiwife? Obviously I'm not 100% on dates etc but pretty sure I can't be further than 4 weeks.

I called mine around 8 weeks and had my booking appointment around 10weeks. Its al form filling to begin with and if anything happens with the pregnancy the professionals who deal with you are GP and EPAU, so I don't think there's much rush.

With my first I made an appointment with the midwife around 5/6 weeks (she was on holiday the week before this otherwise it would have been earlier) and I was seen for my booking in.appt at 9 weeks, im 4+3 today and will be contacting midwife tomorrow, I wouldn't say there was a too early point in which to contact her, its just when you get your bfp :thumbup:

Congrats btw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->