when to express when feeding every 2 hours

pinksmarties

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering when I can express when LO is feeding every 1.5 -2 hours? I never managed to express much with DS1 and by then the spacing out was closer to 3 hours. Not sure how to fit it in.

I express 30mins to 1 hour after a morning feed and usually get at least 3oz from 1 breast now. I sometimes express in the afternoon too...if my LO feeds say from my left breast, I express from the right breast. Then feed next time from the left again.

No idea if this is right but it works ok for me. And if I miss expressing one day it doesn't affect me too much, I don't get engorged or anything.

I might give it ago tomorrow morning as that is when I am at my 'fullest' and atm am only feeding from one side at a time. I just remember last time it was such a palaver for so little return that I have been putting it off but OH keen to help and I am worried DS2 won't take a bottle as he refuses all dummies I have tried.

If you're just feeding one side at a time I would just pump from other side as soon as you're done feeding your LO. My dd feeds EVERY HOUR and I still manage to squeeze in pumping if I'm in a bind so it is doable albeit a pain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->