When to get beta checked? Why isn’t my doc doing it??

Omg fit mama that's crazy! I've never had a urine test but they ALWAYS confirm by blood. Shame on them. U can ask for it though. Some family doctors are useless. U need to guide them.

Aargh, I know, it has been soooo frustrating!! The second doctor I saw (not a OBGYN, but still), when I asked him to send me for a test so I could find out my due date said that there was no point because I wasn't far enough along for tests to tell them anyway - I mean how in the heck does he know that when I specifically told him I have NO IDEA how far along I am?!? Grrrrr. I have been very nice so far but that is about to change and I am putting my foot down and demanding a blood test and dating scan and not leaving the doctor's office until I get it. Honestly so far you ladies have been WAY more helpful and informative than both the doctors and nurses I have dealt with.

i am in the uk they dont evan do a preg test they just give you an appointment for 8 weeks and take it on your say so unless there has been any problems x

Same with where I live (British Columbia, Canada) and I find it so bizarre. Here they are scheduling me hospital appointments and having me choose the hospital I want to deliver in and they haven't even verified that I'm actually pregnant. I could be some crazy person making the whole thing up for attention for all they know!

Actually same here. This is my second baby and I have never once been offered even a urine test! When I tell the doctor I'm pregnant they just take it on my word.

Lol I'm still very surprised @ fitmama. I know you had mentioned your in Vancouver. That just seems so strange. My gp is literally the guy I used for prescriptions or referrals (I kinda go in tell him what I need or what I think it is) and even he was like ok u got pos hpt I will send u for a blood test. I think my best advice is to get referred to an obgyn and now that you know you can ask for tests I'm hoping u get some service. Start tmrw and let me know how it goes!
Edit: dating scan of course will tell you how far..that docs an idiot!

Thanks again for the advice tryin4! I will let you know what happens tomorrow - luckily it is an OBGYN I'm seeing this time. The idiot doc sent me to the front desk to schedule an appointment with her after I saw him, so at least he was good for one thing, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->