When to go up to the next teat?

RLK

Reaction score
Hi :)
My little man is 10 weeks old. Just wondering when I should go up to the next teat size? Are there any signs that he is ready for the next size? Thanks :)

I tried around 12 weeks with my DD, but she wasn't ready. The flow was too fast for her and she choked on the milk so I went back down to #1's and started using the #2's at around 20 weeks when I felt she was ready. It's just a case if trying and seeing if he's ready.. But I'd wait until 12 weeks (I think that's what the package suggests, although I could be wrong). X

Generally Kian would really make a hard sucking sound when the teat was too small so that's when we changed them to the next size, but I would say as a word of warning when you do change to a bigger size hold baby sitting up more utill they get used to it, because they might end up drinking way to fast the projectile vomiting everywhere! :dohh: we learned that the hard way haha and its not a pretty sight or experience! :flower:

with both my boys they started getting frustrated and giving up half way through a feed when it wasnt going fast enough. Also you can watch for if the teat sucks right in which means they are having to suck too hard.

I second the keeping them more upright when you change :) xx

We changed to varifow at about 4 weeks because she was getting really annoyed and spitting when drinking. We bought one pack of varifow and tried them out before we replaced all the teats.

We tried switchig at 3 months but it was way too fast, so stayed on slow flow until 4.5 months. At 10 months, she still uses the medium flow teats and is doig great with them, so we probably won't need to change to the fast flow ones (6mth+)

We switched to number 2 at about 6 weeks. The teat was getting pulled in & she seemed to be getting frustrated. She finished bottles much easier after swapping

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->