When to see a doc? Scared

Chemistrygirl

Reaction score
I think I'm around 5 almost 6 weeks. When should I go see a doctor? I'm kinda dreading it because the earlier part of the year I had an ectopic...I kinda feel like I'm only going to get bad news if I go. I don't want to but I know I need to go :-/

Do you already have an ob? I'd say call first thing Monday and they'll probably get you scheduled to confirm the pregnancy. I called mine right when I found out, about 4 weeks, and got in for blood work to make sure everything was on the right track. Then I had an ultrasound at 6weeks, though I think most doctors wait until at least 8.

Hope you this pregnancy goes much smoother for you :hugs:

Do you already have an ob? I'd say call first thing Monday and they'll probably get you scheduled to confirm the pregnancy. I called mine right when I found out, about 4 weeks, and got in for blood work to make sure everything was on the right track. Then I had an ultrasound at 6weeks, though I think most doctors wait until at least 8.

Hope you this pregnancy goes much smoother for you :hugs:

Thank you, and yes I do. I'm just so nervous to go and then get bad news like last time.

Chances are you will get good news! That being said, if you do have another ectopic you'd be better finding out sooner rather than later, because they can be dangerous. Good luck and I hope you get good news this time :)

Hi hunny. :hugs: I say call in now. If you've had an ectopic previously, they usually like to get you in at 6-7 weeks to confirm the new pregnancy is intrauterine. I know how scary it is, but the chance of having another ectopic is really low. You'll be able to enjoy the pregnancy so much more once you've gotten to see that the baby is in the right place. Also, if you did somehow manage another ectopic, which I really think is unlikely, the earlier you catch it the safer your tubes are and the less damage they suffer. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->