When to start 2 meals a day?

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
How will I know when he's ready?

Ive been giving him 1 meal a day followed by a milk feed for almost 2 weeks now, but he milk feeding throughout the rest of the day hasn't changed much, he's eating the same amount as he always had done, plus the extra meal he has in the evening.

I was thinking about giving him something for breakfast as well, but didnt know if it would be too much? I think he would take it, but I dont want to overfeed him, and also I know he still needs a lot of milk so I dont want to be filling him up on food and not enough milk if that makes sense?

Thanks

xxx

Ive been giving Skye two meals a day, and she still seems to be taking the same amount of breast milk, if you think he is ready then I would try him, just try to make sure he is still getting plenty of milk.

Just offer the milk first hun.
They say that when a baby starts waking in the night when previously sleeping through to some degree then they are ready to up a bit. Dont take that as gospel though as i dont want my cyber head beaten in :rofl:
I know that was the case with Tabs and now we are back to the way we were xxxxx

This is a good guide:
https://www.hipp.co.uk/WeaningChart/index.htm

Well he was sleeping through foir about 4 weeks til the end of August and sicne them he's up 5-6 times a night.

I gave him 2 meals today, and he had a bottle of formula today (hungry baby picked up the wrong one again doh) and about 8 breastfeeds and he's already woken up twice since we put him down.

I want to cry :( I just dont know what Im supposed to do!!

xxx

Well he was sleeping through foir about 4 weeks til the end of August and sicne them he's up 5-6 times a night.

I gave him 2 meals today, and he had a bottle of formula today (hungry baby picked up the wrong one again doh) and about 8 breastfeeds and he's already woken up twice since we put him down.

I want to cry :( I just dont know what Im supposed to do!!

xxx

whats his daily feeding routine like? and when does he drop off at night time?
and why did he wake up twice tonight? any apparant reasons?
Oh and when he is waking 5-6 times in the night....is it for anything in particular? i mean like nappy?

I usually feed him 8am when he wakes up
I gave him some breakfast at 9am today, but never doen that before
Then wants a feed at 11am, 1pm 4pm (ish but pretty regular)
We give him some food at usually 5-6pm in the evening followed by a milk feed
then he wants milk again at about 7pm
Upstairs, wash, change, feed
Goes to bed roughly 830-930pm

Tonight he went to bed at 930. Woke up 1/2 an hour later for no apparent reason. Cried for about 20 mins and I managed to get him back to sleep by rocking him
Woke at about 11 I think and let him chew my finger til he went to sleep, he was only awake about 5 mins that time
Just woke up again - needed a change so I changed him, stood rocking him for a while but ntohing soothed him so I gave him another feed, put him down and he went off to sleep again.

When he wakes up in the night there doesn't usually seem to be anything wrong - he usually doesnt need changing, nothing wakes him up (like noises or anythng). The only thing that soothes him is feeding.

Ive tried literally EVERYTHING you can think of so that I dont feed him to get him back to sleep but it doesnt work!! He goes on for about 5 mins and falls asleep.

I just dont know!!!

xxx

Does he have any teething powders or bonjela etc? sometimes that soothes Tabs off to sleep again.

Or i give Tabs her dummy and out like a light again.
I guess if you are breast feeding though he doesnt have a dummy?

Really hope he gets into a better routine for you and stops the waking :hugs:

Thanks hun :) Think I might give the bonjela a go.

He sometimes has a dummy but he doesnt very often take it

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"