When to start buying stuff...

Flannz94

Reaction score
I'm 9w2d and I was just wondering when everyone started buying stuff? I find myself constantly looking at cots and prams and stuff lol. This is my first baby so I'm pretty excited and don't really know everything that I'll need.

Buy whenever you want to buy. There are no rules :)

Personally we are waiting till our 20 week scan to be sure things are progressing as they should. But that's just our choice! After that I'm going mad! Lol.

I personally didn't start buying until after my 12 week scan after a previous mc, same with this baby i will be waiting x

Thanks ladies! :)
I think I'll start after my 12 week scan and appt with my midwife! There is so much to get!

I wait until after the gender scan as a rule of thumb.

I did after my gender scan. One because I wanted to see progress and two there isn't much gender neutral items around here.

My friend started buying the stuff that really wasnt based on gender way before she knew (crib, mattress, etc.)

The things I have bought so far is diapers. I buy a big box every two weeks with pay.....I want a stock up! I also got a swing on black friday that was regulary $240 for $60......couldn't pass it up and I wasn't even pregnant yet!

This is my second so I already have a crib, bassinet, and a few misc things.......

My mom who lives the opposite side of the states, bought me a Chicco Keyfit 30 infant seat with an extra base and stroller frame (snaps into it). She wont be here for my shower like last time, so she wants me to be prepared because I didn't get anything BIG at my first baby shower and had my mom and I have to go shopping the next day to get tons of stuff, so this time I am getting it all early or I kept it from DS.

If (God forbid) something happens and we decide not to try again, I can donate everything or pass it onto someone who needs stuff in the family since there is always someone pregnant! :haha:

If you buy diapers ahead of time, only buy 1-2 boxes of newborn, then buy 5-6 size 1. My little one only went thru 1 box of newborn before he was in 1. We used size 3 most, probably 20+ boxes. I think we skipped size 2 altogether. Size 4 we used only a few boxes before he was potty trained.

I've been accumulating things for the last two year with no shame lol

I had no idea with our infertility if we'd ever get pregnant, but if I found something I liked I'd buy it knowing I'd either get a chance to use it eventually or be able to sell it and get my money back once my heart moved on if we couldn't :)

I'd wait until after you find out the gender, just soo u'll have a better idea of colors and etc. I understand the excitement though cus this is my second and I'm excited as well. I already started my registry smh lol

Im waiting until after 24weeks- vitality week.

We are waiting until at least our gender scan, but it's hard! We've picked up a couple of onesies that were too cute to not buy and have been slowly collecting cloth diapers.

Do you think you'll have a shower? If so, keep in mind that you may get a lot of things then, too. With my 1st, I got some major items (car seat, diaper bag, carrier) at about 27 weeks, then had my baby shower at 31 weeks and got nearly all of the other things I needed (clothes, another diaper bag, bathtub, little baby items, etc) - there were only a few minor things I needed to get after that. With this baby I'll probably start getting things at about 27-28 weeks too.

I would start with making a list of what you need to get. No harm in getting some gender neutral/major items now, but I agree that waiting until you know the gender can be helpful in picking things, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->