When to start dressing like a grown up?

Real grown ups, when they're not at work, dress in whatever the hell they like. That can include TMNT shirts! (I want one!)

I got mine from Primark too, along with a Harry Potter t-shirt! :thumbup:
Is that the red one with the Hogwarts house logos on it?
Our wardrobes may be scarily similar, lol :haha:
I ended up sending one to my cousin as well because she was jealous and her Primark didn't have any!

Real grown ups, when they're not at work, dress in whatever the hell they like. That can include TMNT shirts! (I want one!)

Hell yes to that!!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I feel for me (I'm 29) that I'm too old for crop tops and the like. I bought leggings with super heroes on them which I LOVE but I don't feel comfortable in them as I feel too old (stupid really as everyone says I look 18/20).

However if I saw someone in them (crop tops, super hero leggings etc) older than me I wouldn't bat an eyelid x

I feel for me (I'm 29) that I'm too old for crop tops and the like. I bought leggings with super heroes on them which I LOVE but I don't feel comfortable in them as I feel too old (stupid really as everyone says I look 18/20).

However if I saw someone in them (crop tops, super hero leggings etc) older than me I wouldn't bat an eyelid x

Hopefully not croptop WITH superhero legging I can't bear seeing camel toe !

xx

Im nearly 27 & still dress like a teen lol today I wore grey skinny jeans, a purple tank top, zip up hoody & white converse!

Lol no I've not worn crop tops since I was about sixteen. My tops cover my butt :haha:

I've only worn the leggings the once because I feel too old :dohh:

I think my body image dictates more than my age what I wear :(

When I had DS I felt like I should be dressing like a grown up. Now (3 years later) whatever I wear I look like a boring old grown up :haha:. It doesn't matter what I put on I look sensible and boring :cry:. I say wear "young" clothes as long as they suit you and you feel comfortable in them. At 55 you probably can't get away with the outfit you described but at 25 you absolutely can. Wear it for all the old ladies in their mid 20's like me :haha:

When I had DS I felt like I should be dressing like a grown up. Now (3 years later) whatever I wear I look like a boring old grown up :haha:. It doesn't matter what I put on I look sensible and boring :cry:. I say wear "young" clothes as long as they suit you and you feel comfortable in them. At 55 you probably can't get away with the outfit you described but at 25 you absolutely can. Wear it for all the old ladies in their mid 20's like me :haha:

This was me when I had LO! I was 20 so all my clothes were really young and I promptly Ebayed everything and bought the basics I thought I should be wearing. Six months later I decided it was stupid and having a baby didn't need to mean mum clothes for the rest of my life, and have been building my wardrobe up again. But I just keep getting older, and I don't know anything about being a grown up let alone how to dress as one! :haha:

I wear whatever I like. Quite often, that is either jeans with a pretty, girly t-shirt with either slip on flat shoes or boots, or I'll wear a tea-party style dress (I think that's what they're called - kind of md thigh, little sleeves, slight flare to the skirt, pretty prints) with either leggings or tick tights, and either the shoes or boots from above. The only real consideration I have is is it suitable with the dogs and other animals? - between them all, I've lost count of the number of clothes they have damaged.

25 isn't old!

Wear what you want and what you're comfortable in, don't think there's such thing as a 'real grown up'

I'm not old yet :)lol:) but I'm happy in skinny jeans and my docs shoes, I probably look like a 15 year old half the time! Oh well!

I caught a business man (tailored suit, satchel, shiny shoes, laptop) tell someone on the phone he'd bought new TMNT pyjama bottoms whilst he was playing Candy Crush- everyone just pretends to be a grown go reaaally :winkwink:

xxx

I just had to look up what TMNT was haha! !
I think if you look and feel good in something who cares of the age.
All my clothes are so unbelievably boring!! I have some nice daytime clothes but I can't wear any of it because I'm breastfeeding and there mostly high necked so I can't pull them down or up unless I want my bum on show. So I'm wearing basic t shirts at the moment so dull! I also really don't have the spare money to buy much, the top you linked is really nice !

Hopefully not croptop WITH superhero legging I can't bear seeing camel toe !

xx

Oh I did not need that image in my head...:sick:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I just wear whatever the hell I want. Usually jeans and a t-shirt. Last time I went shopping I bought some tops from a shop called Seppälä and on the tag it says Seppälä Women so I assume that means they're for grown ups :haha: one top has a picture of an elephant on though so not sure how grown up that is.

I don't even know what "grown up" clothes constitutes as. :haha:

My wardrobe is boring though. Jeans, shorts, capris, leggings, yoga pants, plain tshirts, tank tops, etc. I prefer comfort over style.

Sometimes I feel frumpy as he'll in my clothes! But in the same way I couldn't be arsed to look like I'm in a fashion parade lol. I wear what I like, and am comfortable in. From jeans and t shirts (I have the hogwarts one too!) to dresses and leggings with ankle boots. I quite often wear nice chiffon tops too. And I'm always cold so usually a cardigan too xx

I'm 30 and pretty much live in jeans, vest tops and flip flops. I do dress a bit smarter for work dresses, leggings (tights and boots if it's winter). I don't where massive heels or bare any flesh so I don't see it as inappropriate!
Dress how you feel comfortable no point trying to be something you're not!

Right now, it's whatever fits and is comfortable.

Usually I go for skinny jeans with boots/wedges and a top, or leggings with a short dress/tunic.

I'm 28 and I couldn't get away with cropped tops as I wouldn't feel comfortable. I think it's what you feel comfortable in that's more important than your age.

I'm 22 and I dress how I want really. I wear a variety of stuff. I don't wear crop tops because I'm not comfortable in them but if I did obviously I wouldn't wear them to work etc :lol: but even to work I still wear whatever I want, dresses or dresses with tights in winter mostly and heels or sometimes I'll wear black skinny trousers with heels and a shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->