When to start dressing like a grown up?

I've started having to dress really professionally for placement and it's made me want to dress even more childishly when I'm free! If I have to wear a shirt and trousers 5 days a week then I'll wear my sparkly leggings and jaws t-shirt all weekend long to break away from the boring.

I'm 24 so i'd say i've got pkenty of time before i have to dress like a grown up :haha: at the moment i'm quite into the maxi dress/skirt or long flowy blouse and leggings look.

Im currently 29, off to choose my wedding dress, and wearing a black Top Shop dress with sides cut out, no tights and blue DMs. Im not a grown up just yet ;-)

I'm almost 32 and I wear crop tops! I'm in the best shape I've ever been in, so I don't feel uncomfortable or like mutton dressed as lamb. I wouldn't have dared to wear a crop top throughout my 20s, coz I was too self conscious and cared what everyone else thought! I don't give a Shit now :) xx

I didn't really realise about dressing for your age to be fair although I have wondered when i should stop shopping in new look/river island/top shop (never haha). To be honest I love skinny jeans, cami tops especially the gorgeous ones In new look just now, kimonos to cover up, blazers, leggings, absolutely adore my maxi dresses/skirts in summer, chino shorts, knee length denim shorts, midi dresses and sandals. In winter I love a cosy jumper or cardi.

I'm 26 this year do I sound like I dress for my age?

I didn't really realise about dressing for your age to be fair although I have wondered when i should stop shopping in new look/river island/top shop (never haha). To be honest I love skinny jeans, cami tops especially the gorgeous ones In new look just now, kimonos to cover up, blazers, leggings, absolutely adore my maxi dresses/skirts in summer, chino shorts, knee length denim shorts, midi dresses and sandals/ballet pumps. If it's a night out I love a dress especially a calf length one and high heels. In winter I love a cosy jumper or cardi.

I didn't really realise about dressing for your age to be fair although I have wondered when i should stop shopping in new look/river island/top shop (never haha). To be honest I love skinny jeans, cami tops especially the gorgeous ones In new look just now, kimonos to cover up, blazers, leggings, absolutely adore my maxi dresses/skirts in summer, chino shorts, knee length denim shorts, midi dresses and sandals/ballet pumps. If it's a night out I love a dress especially a calf length one and high heels. In winter I love a cosy jumper or cardi.

I think so!
Like I said though, if you're comfortable and happy then sod what anyone else thinks :D
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

^^ this is always the kind of attitude I've had to he honest 😄

I tend to just wear jeans and plain t-shirts every day (will be 30 this year). I'd like to dress a bit nicer, but frankly, it's my only option as it's difficult to find plus-sized clothes that don't make me look like a parade float or I raided grandma's wardrobe in stores here. I don't like to order clothes online since I can't try them on first.

Oh god I have no idea what grown up clothes are meant to be. I'm 28 this year and I pretty much live in jeans and t-shirts. My t-shirts generally have cartoon characters on them too, I was sporting a TMNT one the other day lol. And Converse are my go to footwear. I probably look like a big kid :shrug:
Lol sounds just like me! But I'm 22, so I can still get away with such a "colourful" fashion sense, and I certainly don't plan on giving it up any time soon :p

lol if you work at an office, you obviously will have to dress smart or smart casual at least, but for everyday time? sod them wear what you are comfortable in.

My dress sense is horrible. When I got pregnant with my first I took my tongue piercing out in an effort to look more grown up and like a mom. Now pregnant with my second, I'm currently sitting in a Despicable Me minion t shirt :haha: The best of it is, my 6 year old nephew also has a minion top, so it's definitely not what you'd call grown up fashion!
I also have a dress, and I've never worn this dress because no one will be seen dead with me in it, it's a pink sequin dress. DH and my best friend both told me unless you're five years old or barbie, it's awful :haha: I absolutely love it. I had to have it. I can't fit into it at the moment being pregnant, but I won't be getting rid of it put it that way :haha:

Most of the time I do dress normally, it's just occasionally I take leave of my senses and buy something that the fashion police would stop me for.

I'm 23 :)

Now pregnant with my second, I'm currently sitting in a Despicable Me minion t shirt :haha: The best of it is, my 6 year old nephew also has a minion top, so it's definitely not what you'd call grown up fashion!

I am so very jealous that you have a minion t-shirt!!!
(there's nothing wrong with pink sparkles btw...)

I want a minion tshirt! :lol:

I have 2 Minion t-shirts, LOL! DH thinks I'm such a kid for loving those shirts so much, but I don't care...they are in my regular rotation of things to wear at home.

I have 2 Minion t-shirts, LOL! DH thinks I'm such a kid for loving those shirts so much, but I don't care...they are in my regular rotation of things to wear at home.

I love minions, fortunately so does my OH who actually has a minion t-shirt (lucky bugger), although he made up for that last Christmas when I opened three minion plushies :lol:
I'm honestly such a child...

I wear what ever I like, I honestly couldn't give a damn what anyone else thinks. Why would it be anyone's business what I decide to dress in :shrug:

These are my latest buys...
https://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a620/mrserrington1/21F78C95-46D7-43D1-B8BF-2ECD03A4BBE5_zpseyt4ks41.jpg

https://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a620/mrserrington1/C0F71403-CB12-4DFD-9FA2-76E1198BBC4E_zpstd7u3lkb.jpg

Who cares how old I am :dohh:

You look GORGEOUS, Scamp!

I'm going out in a tutu next week for a fancy dress theme night, I kept thinking of this thread whilst I made it :haha:

Thank you :blush:

You'll have to show us pictures when you're wearing it :happydance:

There's a picture of it in the thread I made :haha:

Sorry, Emy! For nattering all over the place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->