When to start packing hospital bag?

Sarahdisco

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
OK ladies, as the title suggests, when should I start packing my hospital bag?

Thanks!

I haven't started mine yet. Got plenty of time. Plan to have it done by 37 weeks. Might be pushing it as I'm already past the point that my son arrived!! I just don't see the point if having it done too early and just sitting there for weeks. I'd want baby's clothes freshly washed and I don't have enough clothes that fit to be able to pack!!

I packed everything bar clothes for us both and had that done by 30weeks, luckily dud clothes at 36weeks as lo arrived a week later!! :)

Babies bag has been packed since 30 weeks.....mine just needs last bits adding now, clothes and phone charger etc.....but hen I know I will be in for a leas a week so need to take lots more :flower:

I packed mine this last weekend (37+3) after the doctor told me to expect LO during the course of this week. I've already had to unpack some of the stuff because I've needed it.

everything ive read says weeks 35/36. Mines half done and im now in the process of writing down the last few bits i need so i can zip it up and forget about it till he decideds he's on his way :)

I've got everything I/baby needs set aside, just need to pack it. Will do it by 35 weeks as that is when DS1 was born!

xxx

Did baby's stuff after I washed it ... But haven't done mine yet... Not even started lol...

I don't want to coz then it will feel like times going even slower l

I'll probably do it about 37 weeks, my last two came at 39 weeks. But I'm in the US, so we don't need much, so it's not a worry.

Ill wait till about 35weeks. I've still gotta was all baby's clothes first as well xx

I suggest starting to pack now, you wont have the energy or time to pack later in pregnancy and its just easier to have it all done and waiting for you whenever you need it. Also, dont listen when people tell you not to pack too much! Pack as much as you think you need, who cares if you dont use it, at least its there if you do want/need it :thumbup:

I packed loads and felt silly waddling in with two bags but i was so glad i did, we ended up in for 5 days after an emergency c section and i was so glad i had packed so much, it saved a lot of fussing in the first couple of days, after that people can bring things in but really so glad i over packed :flower:

Thanks ladies, I've got a few weeks till I need to start thinking about it then!

I've got baby's bag packed, and mine is 80% there. Just need to add a few bits and bobs to it :)

I'm 33 weeks on thursday and was really poorly at the weekend with a stomach bug - I haven't packed my hospital bag but now I feel like I need to be organized and have it all sorted sooner rather than later

i will probably start this week, only because i bought some hospital pj's and dont feel like putting them away and repacking. I probably wont start packing baby stuff until 37 or so.

I suggest starting to pack now, you wont have the energy or time to pack later in pregnancy and its just easier to have it all done and waiting for you whenever you need it. Also, dont listen when people tell you not to pack too much! Pack as much as you think you need, who cares if you dont use it, at least its there if you do want/need it :thumbup:

I packed loads and felt silly waddling in with two bags but i was so glad i did, we ended up in for 5 days after an emergency c section and i was so glad i had packed so much, it saved a lot of fussing in the first couple of days, after that people can bring things in but really so glad i over packed :flower:

Showed OH a list I'd found online and he made me feel so silly for wanting to pack so much! He thinks he can bring me extra things in, although this is from a guy who think if Im in labour beyond visiting hours they'll make him go home :haha:

Might have a look for some hospital nighties (although this is possibly an excuse to visit Primark!) and make a slight start!

Defo dont listen to OH LOL mine kept telling me not to worry about it and wouldnt have batted an eye if we didnt take anything in :haha: :dohh:

I bought this nightie and it was excellent in hospital, super comfy and i use it now its great for pumping/breast feeding and its not too expensive :thumbup:

https://www.mothercare.com/Blooming...-Sleeveless-Nightdress/LW5016,default,pd.html

Ohh and i defo recommend taking a mini fan, they do small ones in M&S that have a little bit that flicks out so you can stand it on the hospital table :thumbup: its super hot in the maternity ward :flower:

Lol ive just started mine still quite a bit to put in oops :)

Have thought about it but nothing done yet. I live in the US and so I won't need anythig for baby except bringing home outfit so that's no big deal. I need to go buy some pj's for in the hsp and probalby a few other things and then I'll pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->