when to start weaning?

sexymummy18

Mummy to kaydee :)
Reaction score
hi all, well i was just wondering when you all started weaning?

im not weaning, but when his taken like over X amount of Oz in a day and still wont settle he gets a little bit of baby rice and then he chills out and is settled and is back to a happy content baby

im not weaning, but when his taken like over X amount of Oz in a day and still wont settle he gets a little bit of baby rice and then he chills out and is settled and is back to a happy content baby

This is what i did with my daughter,and now with one of my twins.
I start at 4 months,and offer baby cerelas and light fruit/veg when they look like they need it,and i do that until 6 months.
I still havent given anything apart from baby rice and baby porridge to my 'hungry' twin,but i just follow her lead.
Do what you think it's right.

I gave a bit of baby rice in the evenings starting at 3 months to help with reflux. Bettween 4-5 months I gave little bits of fruit or veggie tastes... By 6 months she was on 3 meals a day.

i gave my bub baby rice at 4 months added fruit and veg at 5 months

I gave baby rice at 4 mos, not really weaning though, he still drinks a lot of milk. I was pretty sure he needed it too. Then moved onto veg and fruit purees at 5 mos.

I'm glad this question has been asked - Ethan is nearly 12 weeks and is taking 7-8oz of normal aptimil formula every 3 hours. He used to go 4 hours but now its back down to 3, sometimes even 2.5. Hungry baby stuff makes no difference to either the amount he takes or how often. He does sick a lot up of milk even a couple of hours after he has eaten it.

I have no idea when baby rice can be introduced but my hubby and i were wondering whether it may be an idea to give him some, maybe at night to help him sleep better through the night (or would that be too heavy on his tummy?). Or maybe its just a growth spurt - we don't know.

When can baby rice be safely introduced (we would do it in conjunction with milk to start), how often would you give it at the start and what times of day (e.g. before bed, breakfast, lunch etc)? thanks everyone (sorry to hijack the thread) xxx

we started at 4 month and jacob is just having baby rice at tea time, he loves it so gonna start adding cereal then pureed veg etc

We started at 5 months 1 week. I wanted to wait until after 6 months but Edward had other ideas :)

I started at 4.5 months with 1tbsp of baby rice. He is now 7 months old and had 3 solid meals a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->