When to stop working?

Baby is due on 22 April and my mat leave officially starts 14 April - but I have 5 weeks of leave saved up!

So I will be 33+2 on my last day at work. I feel really guilty, I have a minor foot fracture at the moment and am signed off work until next Thursday...

With my eldest I worked until 36 weeks and as it happens I got diagnosed with GD at 36 weeks too and spent a lot of time at hospital appointments and had my daughter at 39 weeks. I really appreciated those 3 weeks to prepare and rest a bit.

DD2 I wasn't overly well and finished work just before 30 weeks but it was an amazing decision as I had the best 9 weeks at home with DD1 before her sister turned up! Also my life was heavily dominated by appointments again.

This time I really wanted that time with the older kids but also to minimise the amount of driving I have to do. I appreciate I am lucky to have saved a lot of leave prior to maternity.

Woah, lots of people working right until the end. I count myself lucky, I could go on general illness due to pregnancy right now (with a note from my OBGYN) and then start my year of maternity leave once the baby is born. Realistically, I will stop working 3 to 4 weeks before my due date - I can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->