When to test?

Reaction score
I just restarted the mini pill last Monday and we had a slip up this past Saturday so 6 days into taking the pill when could be the earliest that I test and just so you know I was off of my period on the 25th and now I'm kind of somewhat on a. Again I think from restarting the mini pill when could I test if I have irregular Cycles anyway? When we had the slip up on my period tracker it says a medium chance of pregnancy and then it says on the app that I'm not supposed to actually ovulate until this Saturday

I would test if your next pill break doesn’t come?

Jusr to note had bleeding/ spotting for 2 days ended yesterday the slip up happened saturday could that be IB or from restarting the pill?

Only way to know for sure is to wait about 10-14 days after having the slip-up and then test.

Only way to know for sure is to wait about 10-14 days after having the slip-up and then test.

Ok thank you that helps!! I mean honestly we're not trying to have another baby but if it did happen I would not be disappointed

You seem a little bit concerned - maybe if you buy a big pack from Amazon you can test whenever you’d like and take the guess work out of it. Easy@Home tests are good and I think for a pack of 50 it’s like $20 or $30. You can also buy a smaller pack of 25 for about $15. It’s probably unlikely that you are pregnant as you would have had to ovulate at the same time as you had unprotected sex - however it has happened! Your spotting likely came from missing and restarting the pill. That happened to me a lot when I was on BC (I missed a fair bit, probably once or twice a month but never got pregnant).

Good luck!

I thought implantation bleeding was more like up to 7-14 days later, commonly when most women are due to get a period/just before.

I very often had little bleeds if I slipped up with my pill. In fact I became so sensitive to it I began having bigger bleeds so it was practically three mini periods a month because I’m absolutely useless at remembering! I would say it’s more likely from that.

A test won’t show a result until your period is next due really (so the 7 day break), but I would say the slight bleed is from slipping up on the pill, as that is quite common.

I thought implantation bleeding was more like up to 7-14 days later, commonly when most women are due to get a period/just before.

I very often had little bleeds if I slipped up with my pill. In fact I became so sensitive to it I began having bigger bleeds so it was practically three mini periods a month because I’m absolutely useless at remembering! I would say it’s more likely from that.

A test won’t show a result until your p5eriod is next due really (so the 7 day break), but I would say the slight bleed is from slipping up on the pill, as that is quite common.

Thank you for the reply it's just my concern is if there's a possibility I could be pregnant I don't want to continue taking the birth control so I stopped it for now but of course we're not going to have any slip-ups in that time and if I'm not pregnant I'll just continue it next month but I just didn't know if there was a chance I could be pregnant on week 1 of restarting the pill and how early I could take a test

You seem a little bit concerned - maybe if you buy a big pack from Amazon you can test whenever you’d like and take the guess work out of it. Easy@Home tests are good and I think for a pack of 50 it’s like $20 or $30. You can also buy a smaller pack of 25 for about $15. It’s probably unlikely that you are pregnant as you would have had to ovulate at the same time as you had unprotected sex - however it has happened! Your spotting likely came from missing and restarting the pill. That happened to me a lot when I was on BC (I missed a fair bit, probably once or twice a month but never got pregnant).

Good luck!
And yes I am concerned because if I'm pregnant I don't want to continue taking the pill so that's why I was asking when I should take a test and if it's a possibility that I could even be pregnant 6 days after I ended my period and 6 days after I started the pill of back again.. it says my fertile window is all this week and ovulation is supposed to be Saturday so that would be the slip up happened a week ago so that would be two or three days before my fertile window started

Hi junebaby, i've seen a few of your posts in a few sections.

I think the bleeding was just from restarting the pill, that's a pretty normal thing, probably just your body trying to readjust itself.
Your best bet would be to wait until 2 weeks after the slip up, then take a HPT if you're still concerned.

Good luck x

Today marks 11 days since slip up...ive had alot of stretchy CM which is wierd for me im going to test today

Good luck, I hope you get the answer you're looking for. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->