When to transfer from carrycot to pram seat??

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by blinkybaby, Jun 1, 2011.

1. blinkybaby

blinkybaby Well-Known Member

Louie is getting big for his carrycot now and I get the impression he would really like to see more of the world now that he doesn't zonk out as soon as he goes in the pram. I have a babystyle oyster and the seat instructions say that it's not suitable for babies under 6 months, but I don't think Louie will still fit in the carrycot for much longer?

When did all you ladies transfer from the carrycot if you used one?

Thanks muchly xxxx

2. sez

sez Well-Known Member

3. charlotte-xo

charlotte-xo Alfie and Darcey's mummy

Alfie hated his carry cot, so we changed at about 3-4 months I think. aslong as hes got good head support and can sit comfortably its fine. weve always kept him parent facing aswell.

<3

4. Laura80

Laura80 Well-Known Member

I had to change Sophie over at about 5 months because she couldn't fit in the carry cot part, but I'd been letting her sit up occasionally before that because she loved to look about.

5. starlight2801

starlight2801 Well-Known Member

I have the M&P's Rubix and the pushchair seat is apparently for babies of 6 months upwards. Maia outgrew the carrycot at almost three months old so I've now changed to the pushchair seat. I have it parent facing and fully reclined so I really don't see the difference with the Rubix and other systems such as the Sola where the pushchair seat is advertised as suitable from birth.

The one thing I have noticed is that the harness wouldn't fit her well enough if she was even slightly smaller. I'd say go with what's right for your LO. As long as the harness fits go for it. These guidelines just don't account for bigger babies x

6. missVN

missVN Well-Known Member

I think Ryan was about 14 weeks when we swapped over. He hated being laid down as he's so damn nosey!! He loves looking around but can be laid flat if he's sleepy.

7. KatyKat

KatyKat Well-Known Member

We have an oyster and Izzy has been using the pushchair seat since just before she turned 5 months old. It's absolutely fine and the straps keep her nice and secure!

8. oliviarose

oliviarose Well-Known Member

We moved Harrison at 8 weeks. He hated being in pram mode. We had the m&p switch and the was suitable from birth.

9. fairypop

fairypop Mummy to a lil' goblin

We have the bugaboo cam which says from six months and moved him into the pushchair at 4 months I think, if not a bit before!

x

10. a_c

a_c mummy to one

I have the Oyster. Poppy is a very tall baby & was in the carrycot until 5 months. The pram sits virtually flat & is secure so over 5 months.

11. blinkybaby

blinkybaby Well-Known Member

Thank you ladies - I'm gonna hang on for another few weeks I think, maybe 3 or 4 as he still has a little bit of room in the carrycot and likes laying on his back but it wont be long until he has to swap! xxx

12. Jellycat

Jellycat Well-Known Member

I thought I'd test out the seat on my oyster. Once I used it never went back to the carrycot (5 months).

13. Kimmy25

Kimmy25 Well-Known Member

I squeezed him in aslong as possible but had to switch yesterday as his head was rammed into the top lol x

14. rachmumtobe

rachmumtobe Well-Known Member

I've changed Finley's from the carrycot to pushchair tonight ready to use tomorrow for the first time. I'd rather him stay in the carrycot so i can see him but he's just too long now. He's going to look like a big boy tomorrow and he's only 13 weeks xx