When to try after a positive opk!? Help!

Stella918

mother of 1
Reaction score
My husband and I have been TTC and started trying the day after my period ended. We have been trying every other day. I have been using Opks and thought I had a definite positive yesterday (Saturday) morning. We tried on Friday and then when I had what I thought was a positive result we tried last night. This morning I took another test and the lines are WAY darker than yesterday. Should we try again tonight? We are both in our early 20s so I don't think he would have any problem with his sperm count but I have heard you should only try every other day so as not to reduce it. I'm worried we messed up by trying last night and that we should have waited till tonight. If we try again tonight that will be three days in a row of trying. Thoughts anyone?

My husband and I have been TTC and started trying the day after my period ended. We have been trying every other day. I have been using Opks and thought I had a definite positive yesterday (Saturday) morning. We tried on Friday and then when I had what I thought was a positive result we tried last night. This morning I took another test and the lines are WAY darker than yesterday. Should we try again tonight? We are both in our early 20s so I don't think he would have any problem with his sperm count but I have heard you should only try every other day so as not to reduce it. I'm worried we messed up by trying last night and that we should have waited till tonight. If we try again tonight that will be three days in a row of trying. Thoughts anyone?

I would try again tonight! It is a myth that you should try 'every other day'. It's much better to try every day! Especially since your man is in his early 20's, he'll have no problem producing enough sperm every day.

^^wss

they only recommend every other day if low sperm count

gl xxx

Definitely try today. He is young and should have no problem with sperm production.

We were told every other day, however, we are in our 30's. If you are younger I say go for it! If you notice you are trying with no success then switch to every other day...

Try again tonight!

You won't ovulate until AFTER your positive OPK.
So yes, def dtd again :)

Over the last couple of days (nearly a week) we have been doing it every night as I have been getting peak fertility from clear blues haha. So hoping the sperm count does fall too low haha. GL! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->