• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When was your first scan?

StephtheHiker

Reaction score
I have had two early miscarriages and never had the chance to get to a doctor before. I just moved to a new area and had to wait til 5+6 to set up an appt due to no insurance yet. (Have it now!) They said they wouldn't see me til 8 to 10 weeks, even with a slight history of mc. When was your first scan?? I know this scan isn't super late. I'll have it at 8+4.... But it feels like a lifetime away!!

Mine was at 6+4, and in my last pregnancy I had them at 4,5 & 7 weeks. But that's because I have history of ruptured ectopic. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't get early scans, despite a history of recurrent mc.

I'm thinking if booking a scan for 8 weeks.... would to love what other people have done though!

My first scan is scheduled for 6+4, and around 6-8 weeks is typical for my OB's office.

We dont get our first scan till 12 weeks in the uk.

That's actually pretty early for a scan. I'm pregnant with my 3rd baby, and usually they like to schedule ultrasounds around 12 weeks in Canada here. Although they might be taking your history of mc into account. The first tri is always about waiting around...hoping and praying everything is ok. Its a tough road the first few weeks.
FX'd for you that all is ok!

7+1 then 9+1 and my next one is at 12+1.

I've had 2 ectopics and one MC.

I booked a private scan at 8w1d. I haven't had any previous issues but I just wanted the reassurance of knowing that everything was okay and was progressing as it should.

Next scan is scheduled at 11w3d which is my first official scan if that makes sense?

After first my loss they said i could get an "early" scan which is in NEtherlands after 7 weeks, else we wait til like 10 weeks.

Most places are like that! I however found a dr who did a confirmation scan at 5 weeks saw 2 sacs with yolks had an emergency scan at 7weeks 1 day saw two babies with heart beats had another emergency scan at 7 weeks 5 days saw two growing babies with strong heart beats! Had another scan at the ER 8 weeks 5 days baby a was 9 weeks 2 days no heart beat baby b was 9 weeks 3 days with strong heart beat! Had another scan at 9 weeks 1 day baby a was still seen measuring 8 weeks 6 days baby b was 9 weeks 5 days with good heart beat! I have recurrent miscarriages unexplained and was high risk but having twins made me even more high risk! Now one is not viable but still high risk I go this week for another scan!

8+5. I got it through my infertility doctor. My midwife won't do another until 20 weeks.

I've got my first scan at 6+1 wks due to ectopic in July and m/c in September. If I didn't have 'history' it would be 12 weeks as the NHS don't offer early scans as routine but you can pay to have them done privately if you want.

I am still waiting for a dating scan, that should happen when I'm 14 weeks. (Maybe, I could be as few as 10 weeks by then lol)

With my first, I didn't have a scan until I was 21 weeks. I had another quick one in my dr's office just to double check she was head down, but that was literally 3 minutes.
Here, unless it's for dating, health issues or an emergency, they generally only do one scan during your pregnancy!

My first scan was at 8w2d due to an early miscarriage earlier this year. My next one I'll be 11w4d for the nuchal scan.

Due to two previous losses and no live births my doc is taking precautions. (But I have been with the same doc through all of it which helps.)

Had a scan at 4+1, 6+1, (saw heart beat for 1st time) 9+1, will have genetic scan at 12+2 (b/c I am 36 and had two losses) and another with my doctor at 14+1. However, if I am nervous any day of the week he said to just call and he will get me in for a scan within 3 days.

I'm having my first ultrasound Wednesday. I'll be exactly 6w. I've had slowly rising hCG levels so they want to take a look. It's my fertility doc, not OB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->