When will the weight gain happen?

MrsJ1987

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am expecting my first:happydance: and am SUPER excited! However, not excited about the weight gain, as I'm already a thick girl and short at that. I am almost 12 weeks and have gained 5lbs so far and my jeans are starting to not fit:( Is this too early? I know a lot of people who can wear their regular clothes for a while, but guess this will not be me. Also thought I would share a glimpse of hope for anyone who experience spotting at first. I had horrible bleeding and thought I was loosing him baby, but during the last ultrasound my sweet baby had already developed legs, arms, hands and feet and was already jumping around and flipping:) I am so blessed to have such great news. This baby was unplanned and at first I was so afraid. I didn't want to talk about it, or see anything , or read anything.....but I'm blaming it all on the hormones. After my last ultrasound I am so excited and blessed...I already love my sweet angel:)

I gained a small amount in the first two trimesters. I gained more first tri than in second tri (some of it is due to increased blood and more water retention). I think total I gained 10lb first/second tri and 25lb third tri! So 35lb total. I'm also a big girl and had no problems losing the baby weight. :)

I'm actually down 12lbs due to outrageous puking. I haven't been 145lbs sine I was 18..I'm tall 5'10 and feeling a bit like a skeleton. I am however thicker in my midsection..weight loss and all

I popped at 11 weeks last time, it's possible to put it on early!!

Ha with my first I put on 14lbs in the first 12weeks!!! My thighs grew my back got wider the lot (I'm quite slim but still!) I was in mat jeans by 10weeks xx

Currently in maternity jeans. Almost 6 weeks, second baby. Not overweight but not skinny.
Haha I hope the weight slows! X

I wore my regular pants till after first trimester but I had to use the button rubber band trick. I lost weight in thr first trimester too. I didnt gain till second trimester. Then I would gain 2-4 pounds one month then nothing the next month. I only gained 17 pounds. Im also over weight. If you exercise daily and don't over eat you will be fine.

I lost 5 pounds this pregnancy.. stupid food aversions!! Last pregnancy however I gained 5 pounds. So theres a little pressure on me to gain about 10 or more pounds before my next appt.

I'm a bigger girl, I was 200lb and 5'4 size 14 US with my first pregnancy, I gained 11lbs total. My daughter was 7lbs even at birth. Lets just say I had a weight Nazi for a NP who wanted to get punched in the face, but hey...I peed out 12 lbs exactly a week after I gave birth, so she did her job. Lol I still wanted to hurt her!

Each pregnancy has been different for me. With #1 I wore my own jeans until 5 months! I gained 30 pounds, but it was almost all in 3rd tri.

Baby #2 I gained 35 pounds very evenly over each tri, and I'd say I was in maternity jeans around 12 weeks.

Baby #3 I gained almost everything in 2nd tri. One week I gained 4 pounds! I ended up gaining 35 pounds total and wearing maternity jeans around week 6. :blush:

This time (#4!) I have had horrific morning sickness. At 8 weeks I've lost about 7 pounds so far. I'm sure I'll catch up 2nd tri, though! :haha:

Honestly, everyone gains differently, and even the same person can gain differently from pregnancy to pregnancy. If your ob isn't worried, I'm sure you'll be fine!

Serious bloating/water retention at 5 weeks already had me in maternity jeans. Having to eat like every two hours and not always wanting/being able to eat healthy food has made me gain a good 5 pounds. I plan on exercising when I feel a bit better in the second trimester. Not excited about feeling like a whale already :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->