when will you/did you tell your other children?

cupcakekate

Cooking baby #3 :)
Reaction score
hi all! just curious as to when people intend on telling their other LOs about their pregnancy! I can't wait to tell my daughter but will probably wait until 12 weeks :flower:

I said I was going to tell my son at 12 weeks but caved and told him at about 6 weeks lol.

Told my 2 boys pretty early but told the step kids later as I didn't want his ex wife knowing as she had just lost one.

I am waiting as long as humanly possible because my ds will want to know how many sleeps! X

I waited until 25 weeks as I was afraid . Plus my dd had no concept of time.i wish I had waited longer as the day after we told her I was admitted to hospital with pre term labour. She thought the baby was coming home and I thought i was losing the baby. This time I will wait as long as possible. I'll lie which sounds awful and i will massively guilty, I will just say I gained weight. It's up to you whenever you tell. It's a lovely moment when they realise.

I told my little girl when I was about 6 weeks, after we had our scan and saw baby with a strong beating heart :) she's excited, but keeps asking when baby is coming! :haha: she's coming to the 12 week scan with us tomorrow, she keeps telling everyone she's going to see her baby sister :cloud9: (even though it could be her baby brother! haha)

I plan to tell my children after our 12 week scan on Friday. I would love to have told my daughter already as I know she will be so excited, but I also know how devastated she would be if I then had to tell her if something was wrong.
I swear she knows already though, as every day she says baby-related things 'if you have another baby...' 'when we have another baby....' she has a sixth sense I think :kiss:

Stalking this thread. As I have no idea when to tell my 4yr old DD.. Just found out myself today

I have no clue, and I'm dreading it. Don't have to worry about dd as she's only 3 months old, but dh has a 12 yo girl that didn't want one sibling, and has already announced to everyone that she definitely doesn't want anymore - and there won't be anymore. Ok, not your decision, and she was such a brat and rude when we told her about dd that I don't want to tell her about this one. Anyone have any advice?

We just told ours a couple days ago :) my older son was so overcome with emotions he cried he was so happy .. He hasn't stopped talking about it since !

I think I'm going to tell mine after the 12 week scan. I'm a bit nervous about it actually! I'm sure they'll be happy but it's such a life changer, isn't it.

My baby is clueless, but my older two (2 and 3.5) definitely suspect. They'll all find out today because they're coming to my 12 week scan. I'm so nervous, but they'll be very excited. They've been asking for another baby for 6 months now!

We'll tell my 3.5 year old at 12 weeks once we have a scan photo to show her, the world and his wife will know as soon as she does so not a good idea to tell her any earlier than we'd want our news to be public :winkwink: We told her at about 8 weeks last time as that was when I had my first scan but she didn't properly understand as she'd only recently turned 2. She's much more 'aware' these days! I've already told my 10.5 month old but I know she won't spill the beans :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->