when will you start shopping?

gillian.s

Reaction score
Hey everyone :) I am dying to start shopping but don't really know when to start.. I have another scan at about 13 weeks so I might start after than because I don't see me managing to wait much longer!

When do you all plan to start shopping?

I always thought after 12 weeks! I'm 18 now and haven't started yet! Going to wait till 20 now! X

I'm going to try hold off till 20 weeks so we no what we are having :)

Just past 8 weeks I did a little bit of shopping, just a few cute things that are gender neutral. Since it is yard sale season, I plan to shop as I come by them for the summer then find what I need/want hopefully by mid January because I will not be able to walk around stores that much by then.

In an ideal world I would wait until 20 weeks but I don't see that happening, I don't know how you all have the patience!

I still have a lot left from my son and I think this ones another boy so less shopping for me :(

I start getting diapers and wipes from 12 weeks and maybe even bottles, soap, bottle brushes ect. I wait for the big stuff after 20 weeks!

I started buying gender neutral stuff like socks pretty early, I think around 10 weeks. But I didn't buy much. I mostly want to hold off until next week when we find the gender. However, DH and I did splurge and buy a dresser to match the crib we want pretty early, I think that was only maybe 7 or 8 weeks.

However, now that I'm 20 weeks, I'm kind of panicking - I have so much to buy and only four months to do it!

Probably right near to the end. We have loads of stuff from last time that we will use again, but we will probably just get some gender specific clothes as we will find out gender this time round :)

Probably from 20 weeks. I may have a gender scan at 16 if it's another boy I may wait until after 20 as I have 3 boys already and although I'll be just as excited to meet my 4th little man I don't think I'll be quite as excited about buying more blue 😉 I feel anxious just to know bubs is all healthy then will get into the shopping!!

I have a ton and I mean a TON of clothes left, both gender neutral and boy, left from my son. I happily packed and saved it all. The only things I need are a bouncer, a bassinet, and some new bottles and accessories. I will be starting on wipes and diapers next month around 9/10 weeks or so and will buy the rest later. We needed so many diapers that I want to get a jump on it early.

Hahahah In my head i'm already shopping LOL!!! I've picked the pram and car seat already due to what we had with our 4 year old before. We had a Steelcraft Strider DLX with her but it was big and heavy so we're going for the 2015 Steelcraft Strider Compact with a SafeNSound Unity Infant Carrier (because its 0-12 months not 0-9months) and then bub will go into a convertible booster seat :) Other than that I REALLY want to get a 4Moms Mamaroo :-D

Probably after 20 weeks. We don't have much to buy really. Double pushchair is the biggest expense but other than that we need some neutral clothes (staying team yellow but have mountains of girls clothes if we have another!) and nappies which I'll pick up when I see offers :)

I've brought a couple of bits already, with DD we waited and waited and waited and spent so much we struggled to keep up, so I've started early this time round so there's longer to spread the cost out.

I won't be buying bigger items until 20+ weeks but I've started on things like nappies, wipes, muslin clothes. I also brought a gender neutral pair of booties for our announcement and a little vest that says " I heart my big sister" :cloud9:

I have a tradition. On my way to the nuchal scan with all three of my kids (so at 11-13 weeks), I went to the store and bought a single, green onesie to act as my baby's first piece of clothing that they'll wear after delivery. Then, the day after finding out the sex of baby at around 20 weeks, I've bought an outfit for going home. Once I hit 24 weeks, I start my nesting, and that's when I do my shopping or pulling things out of storage and cleaning them up.

I've brought a couple of bits already, with DD we waited and waited and waited and spent so much we struggled to keep up, so I've started early this time round so there's longer to spread the cost out.

I won't be buying bigger items until 20+ weeks but I've started on things like nappies, wipes, muslin clothes. I also brought a gender neutral pair of booties for our announcement and a little vest that says " I heart my big sister" :cloud9:

yeah see that's what I am thinking of doing just so I don't have the expense of everything all at the same time, awh that's a cute way to announce :)

I have a tradition. On my way to the nuchal scan with all three of my kids (so at 11-13 weeks), I went to the store and bought a single, green onesie to act as my baby's first piece of clothing that they'll wear after delivery. Then, the day after finding out the sex of baby at around 20 weeks, I've bought an outfit for going home. Once I hit 24 weeks, I start my nesting, and that's when I do my shopping or pulling things out of storage and cleaning them up.

awh that's nice that you have a tradition :) Maybe I will start a tradition with this one!

Ha!

I'm not even pregnant yet and I've been shopping for months. Shop away, girl!

I bought three little sleepsuits yesterday and im 16 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->