when will you start shopping?

I already have! I'm waiting until the 12 week scan to buy more things, horrible I know! With my first I waited until around the 20th week scan to start buying things. But I wasn't able to purchase a couple of things for DS1 which I would've liked to so buying them this time. So far: cloth diapers, sofie the giraffe, prefolds, sound b cloud machine sheep, baby wrap and nose frida.:blush: I still need a swing (didn't have one last time) and some clothes (team yellow).

I haven't started thinking about it. I do know that if it's a boy I have a lot of clothes left over from my son. If it's a girl (which is my gut feeling), I will get some basics near the end to deal with the first weeks and mostly go with the flow from there.

My mom is more of a plan-ahead-of-time person than me so I know she will be on the lookout before I am and find me some deals. She already found me a swing, through my aunt, who bought a swing for her neice on the other side of the family and has reserved it to be mine when the time comes lol

I so wanna shop now but am going to wait for my 12 week scan. After that all being well I think I'll get a couple of new baby white sleep suits as I love them. We will find out the gender at 16 weeks and if it's another boy I'll just buy a few cute outfits as have so many from the other two. However if it's a girl I'll be in the shops every day!!! Xxx

I'm waiting until my anatomy scan. I saved everything from my son. So if I have a boy I will be set in a lot of ways. The only thing is this baby will be born in then winter rather than the spring so I will need a few things. Plus, I'll probably get stuff just because it's so fun to shop. If I have a girl, all I'll really need is clothing. I've learned an new baby doesn't really need too much at first. But who can resist buying for a new baby ?? :) :)

Grateful for this thread as I've been thinking this to myself for weeks...

I have a confession - we bought a crib last week (I'm 10 weeks today)! I know I sound crazy, but my mom found someone who was selling a gorgeous white crib for only $50. I wasn't planning on buying a crib so early, but it was such a great deal.

This is my 2nd child. I spent soooooo much money on gear and clothing, etc for my first. It was all really unnecessary but I was so excited. This time I'm buying used as much as possible since they go through everything so quickly. I'm trying to be more cost effective, and part of that is buying in small increments.

I am choosing not to live in fear of miscarriage or in fear of something going wrong - instead, I am just embracing my excitement and starting to buy :) Do whatever feels best for you!

As a side note, if you have the urge to buy but aren't ready to spend money or commit until you're further along, maybe start researching products and make an online registry? Not necessarily a registry to share with others, but something that you'll have to refer to and store all the products you want.

Grateful for this thread as I've been thinking this to myself for weeks...

I have a confession - we bought a crib last week (I'm 10 weeks today)! I know I sound crazy, but my mom found someone who was selling a gorgeous white crib for only $50. I wasn't planning on buying a crib so early, but it was such a great deal.

This is my 2nd child. I spent soooooo much money on gear and clothing, etc for my first. It was all really unnecessary but I was so excited. This time I'm buying used as much as possible since they go through everything so quickly. I'm trying to be more cost effective, and part of that is buying in small increments.

I am choosing not to live in fear of miscarriage or in fear of something going wrong - instead, I am just embracing my excitement and starting to buy :) Do whatever feels best for you!

As a side note, if you have the urge to buy but aren't ready to spend money or commit until you're further along, maybe start researching products and make an online registry? Not necessarily a registry to share with others, but something that you'll have to refer to and store all the products you want.

woah $50 is a really good deal, don't blame you for not wanting to pass that up! Yeah I have been looking online a lot and I have been saving stuff that I find at good prices but just doesn't feel the same. I am getting a lot of the expensive stuff given to me (except a crib) as my friend has a ds who will be 1y4m by the time my baby is born so things like the changing table/bath, travel system, moses basket etc will all be outgrown at that stage and then if it turns out I am having a boy she will give me clothes so I find I am just really excited to get the bits that are left lol I feel like it will solidify this pregnancy if you get me? I don't really feel pregnant so I feel like shopping will help it feel more real :)

That is pretty awesome you have a friend that is giving you some big stuff. That will be a huge help!

I haven't bought anything yet, but have been keeping my eyes peeled for good deals. It's yard sale season around here so I know that I will be able to get some good stuff for a good price like a crib, a rocking chair, etc. Clothes, bedding, and things I would not want to buy used I will wait to get til after we know the gender. I am due not far after Christmas so I know waiting to buy the big stuff at the end will just be too financially stressful and we might have to pay full price.

With all that being said, I say if you find something at a good price go for it.

That is pretty awesome you have a friend that is giving you some big stuff. That will be a huge help!

I haven't bought anything yet, but have been keeping my eyes peeled for good deals. It's yard sale season around here so I know that I will be able to get some good stuff for a good price like a crib, a rocking chair, etc. Clothes, bedding, and things I would not want to buy used I will wait to get til after we know the gender. I am due not far after Christmas so I know waiting to buy the big stuff at the end will just be too financially stressful and we might have to pay full price.

With all that being said, I say if you find something at a good price go for it.

Didn't even think about the fact that most of us here in first tri are due shortly after Christmas - very good point that we should get some shopping out of the way before we have to spend extra money on Christmas, too!

I am going in today to get the Verifi blood test done so we should hopefully know if we are having a boy or a girl by next week. (Hopefully) :happydance: DH, DS and I all think it's a boy but everyone else except my cousin thinks it's a girl. I'm going to start shopping after we find out what we're having. I promised DH no real big stuff until after the shower although I might not keep that promise as I am really frugal so I will be looking in all of the resale shops around here for a crib and dresser. No sense spending full price on that kind of stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->