When you are pregant will you be gettin any testing done...

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Such as amniocentesis?

I was talking about this with a friend and she said she is going to get it done. I asked her what if they showed some abnormalitys and she said she would terminate the pregnancy i was like :saywhat: Even though these test's are not 100% guaranteed and you could be termanating a health baby and she said yes.

I personaly am not going to get it done as i dont care about the outcome.

If my baby has downs its still going to be my baby and il love it no matter what.

I didn't get any tests done and I won't next time either.

I hate the triple screen. It's not even a positive or negative test. It's an odds test. It either causes needless worry or a false sense of security. Amniocentesis is great diagnostic tool. It's pretty much a guarantee. You know positively without a doubt if there is a problem and then you can respond to the problem as you feel necessary. Only problem is the risk of miscarriage associated with the procedure. How could you live with getting a procedure done, have it cause a miscarriage, only to find out there was nothing wrong?

I dodn't with charlie and I won't with the next cos i'd keep the baby whatever the outcome.x

Not if there weren't any factors that mean something wrong was a real possibility. This is not because I'd want to terminate if there was something wrong with baby, just that if there was I'd want to be prepared with what I could do to deal with it.

i dodn't with charlie and i won't with the next cos i'd keep the baby whatever the outcome.x

MEMBER BANNED

i'm not sure what is meant by this? :confused:

i had just the standard tests with maddi, i wouldn't no what i would have done if they came back showing something, i will have the same again next time, but i still couldn't tell you what i would do, i don't think i'd no till i'm in that situation, with the amino i believe it is only done when other tests show something is possibly wrong x x

i dodn't with charlie and i won't with the next cos i'd keep the baby whatever the outcome.x

MEMBER BANNED

i'm not sure what is meant by this? :confused:

i had just the standard tests with maddi, i wouldn't no what i would have done if they came back showing something, i will have the same again next time, but i still couldn't tell you what i would do, i don't think i'd no till i'm in that situation, with the amino i believe it is only done when other tests show something is possibly wrong x x

You can ask for it done even if the scans come back fine.

I dont get the comment ether? whats gross?

Not if there weren't any factors that mean something wrong was a real possibility. This is because I'd want to terminate if there was something wrong with baby, just that if there was I'd want to be prepared with what I could do to deal with it.

Do you mean you wouldent terminate? just a bit contradicting?

I would only have any done if the experts suggested it. I wouldn't request them. We are both young, fit and healthy so I don't think we'd get offered a Downs test or anything as standard (although I could be wrong) but I wouldn't do anything that would put baby at risk unless it was medically advised.

xxx

We're also young fit and healthy, and so I doubt we'd be offered any out of the ordinary tests, but I don't think I'd want them anyway, unless it was really necessary. I couldn't terminate a pregnancy, and so I think it would just cause me undue stress. I'd prefer to prepare myself for any eventuality naturally and deal with them if and when I had to.

Plus, I believe in fate, and what will be will be. I'm not going to try to meddle with it

You can opt to have a blood test first which will tell you if you are high or low risk to have a baby with downs. If I was high risk I would have the amnio done, not because I would terminate a downs baby but to prepare myself and decide what the best outcome would be.

I had all the standard tests with lucy and would have them all again.

Pops and Dibmo - I was offered tests for downs even though I am young fit and healthy. I think everyone gets offered them. I had the blood test and was low risk so decided not to have anymore testing done

I'm actually contemplating it for my next pregnancy, in case the same thing goes wrong again but the baby survives a bit further than the last time IYKWIM.
I'd rather know if I was carrying another doomed pregnancy or not.

I couldn't kill my own baby tho, the test would simply be to prepare myself for the worst or put my mind at rest if something came up on a scan.

:hug:

Pops and Dibmo - I was offered tests for downs even though I am young fit and healthy. I think everyone gets offered them. I had the blood test and was low risk so decided not to have anymore testing done
Huh, I didn't realise that. (Hardly surprising, having not been pg before). In light of this new information, I'd like to jump up and sit on the fence please. I'll think I'll see how I feel when I get to that stage :huh:

Unless it's necessary.. I don't see the point in running tons of tests and paying loads of money for something that may not even help.

Not if there weren't any factors that mean something wrong was a real possibility. This is because I'd want to terminate if there was something wrong with baby, just that if there was I'd want to be prepared with what I could do to deal with it.

Bah! missed a word out there. I wouldn't terminate but if I knew I could get some research in and adjust properly.

I didn't have the tests done with Aaron and I won't have them done in the future. In my opinion they are risky to the baby and are wrong far too often, causing needless worry and deaths. I wouldn't have an abortion anyway, no matter what the results were.

I can see why people might have them just to put their mind at rest or prepare for the worst, but I would feel dreadful if something went wrong after having the tests.

Bah! missed a word out there. I wouldn't terminate but if I knew I could get some research in and adjust properly.

Thought you missed a word out hun, was just checking cos you know what some people are like

I had all the standard tests etc with Lexie. My triple test came back a low risk so i wasn't even offered the amnio. I found out i am rhesus negative when i had Lexie so if i was to had an amnio or cvs this would cause a greater risk to my baby than if my blood type was postive. In light of that I probably wouldn't have the triple test next as for me i would feel it pointless as i know for sure i wouldn't have any further tests.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->