When you start TTC...

L

Laura--x

Will you go through all the charting ect or just go with the flow NTNP??

I read through all these TTC threads with people going through so much stress with all the info of charting and whatnot and i dont think i could ever put myself through that :huh:...

I really believe in if its meant to be, it will... so NTNP is for me!

Well my LadyComp tells me when I am fertile from taking my basal body temperatue (I use this as contraception at the moment), so we'll just try and bd on those days. I don't want to get obsessive about it, since the stress can't help, but equally I know when I'm fertile so why not take advantage?

I will definitely be charting, temping etc. If I was younger I wouldn't bother, but we want two children at least and by the clock is ticking. I want to do everything possible to get pregnant as quickly as I can. I actually wish I didn't have to do it this way, but if I was unaware when I was ovulating etc. I'd probably miss the 4 day window!

We'll just be NTNP for a few months at least I think. Without looking too much into it we'll probably to makke more of an effort on the days I 'think' I am more fertile but I don't think we'll try and predict too much. After a few months I may start getting desperate and get really wrapped up in it too though!

We are on the NTNP bandwagon as we just couldn't face getting into all the technicalities of it.....would stress us out too much as we are both really laid back and having to temp etc would just not work for us.

Not to say that if still nothing in 6 months or so we wouldn't consider it but for now, we are just going with the flow...

xxx

Im gonna go along the whole NTNP thing because I think I could put myself through all the charting, doing everything right and getting a BFN.

If it doesnt happen after awhile i'll probs look into it but deffo go with the flow to begin with...

Last time when we TTC it took us 4 months/5 cycles to get a BFP and I charted my temps(from about 4 months before ttc!) and in the month I got my BFP I used a Clearblue fertility monitor.

This time round and infact from this month I am temping July-BFP and using the monitor from October so by November I should know my cycle pretty well and hopefully we can get a BFP.

I dont think its stressfull unless you make it stressfull and I must admit in the begining I obsessed about my temps etc etc but I get up the same time every day roughly so sticking a thermometer in my mouth before I get out of bed wont make a big difference and neither will the monitor...plus I enjoy testing:blush:

I think ttc is what you make of it really and I am a big believer in it will happen when it happens but we really want our kids ages close so not leaving it to chance or it will be 10 years down the line and still no BFP (because we cant be bothered BD at the right time:rofl:)

Emma.xx

I'm going to probably go with a middle ground. I think I will track my cycles (as they vary in length) and will probably use OPK as if nothing else it will satisfy my urgge to POAS! Also, as DH and I don't tend to have sex that much I don't want there to be massive pressure to be doing it every other day for the entire month (although I get that having to 'perform' on the 'right' days is probably just as much pressure too.

For me I want to get the balance between wanting to give myself the best chance of getting pregnant and not getting obsessive. I doubt I will want to chart my CM to be honest and I'm sure I wouldn't keep up temping as you have to do it same time every day. BUT I am a bit of a data nerd and love graphs and having little projects and stuff so I'd probably get a bit of a kick out of using something like Fertility Friend :blush:

K x

We will be actively TTC but i dont intend to chart or whatever unless it doesnt 'just happen' for us xx

I'm going to just go with the flow :lol:

I think we will NTNP to start with but I am a bit of an obsessive and know that unless I get preggers immediately I will give in and start obsessing!

For those with irregular cycles I think it's vital to temp, as they may not be ovulating at all. I temp, but I've stopped using OPK's as even though I'm not ttc they do stress me out.

I use the ladycomp :D

I would like to think I'd go with the flow naturally but I doubt I will, I guess it depends on how long it might take.

I'm irregular with my cycles, so I guess it would make sense to chart eventually. I'm only cautious because I know it'll lead to obsessiveness and stress!!

We are DEFINITELY going down the NTNP route as I can't be doing with the stress really. The other thing is that when we start ntnp I will still be overweight, so as I am still relatively young, I am happy enough to go along with it and if it takes longer then each month I will be getting healthier. However, if it's gone past 6-9 months, I think I might consider tracking a bit more x

I have not long come off the pill so think i will start temping some point so i can get use to my cycles. My first cycle took 30days.
I dont want to get stressed by it really but guess i wont know till the time comes
x

Just go with the flow for us, I have enough bloody stress in my life without stressing out about that too!

Because of mf infertility we're going to have to chart etc.

We're just going to go down the NTNP route. May chart because I have really irregular periods.. but in the beginning just NTNP.

was thinking about NTNP before coming on these forums, but have since ordered a basal thermometer and started fillling out my diary. A little effort would help, i think, because recently come off pill and because of very low sex drive. Don't think I could handle non-stop BDing!

Were going to ntnp with a little bit of tracking through mymonthlycycles.com for about 6-9m and then if nothing for 9m ill start temping ect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->