Whens the best time to..

LongRoadAhead

♥Due 06/05/09♥
Reaction score
have a private scan? Iv had my 12 week(dating) scan and will probably have my next scan at around 20-22 weeks, But Im soooo eager and impatient to find out the sex! I know private ones can be a bit pricey but I was just wondering when the best time would be to have one done? Like how many weeks should I be?
Thanks ladies :)
Ashleigh
Xxxx

I had a private dating scan at 17 weeks, but I think they can do them from 16 weeks onwards (I couldn't get an earlier appointment!)

i think they reccomend 18 weeks?

if you go to early it might not be accurate?

i know how you feel im so impatient too!

Hiya
I had a private gender scan at 17 weeks but they can do them from 16 weeks onwards, if you book it and the sonographer was not 100% on what they see they will more than probably get you back [free of charge] for another scan a few days later in the hope that the baby has moved.
Good luck and make sure you let us know x

I was too impatient to wait and I had a private gender scan at 16 weeks. I think it varies from company to company as to when is the earliest they will do one. Although this is the earliest one I found, it was very clear and the sonographer said there was no doubt as to the sex. xx :happydance::happydance:

I've been wondering about this too. Do any of you ladies who have had them done know how to find out about where to go? And also, is it really expensive...?

Iv been looking on a few websites, And prices vary so much! I emailed a private hospital and they charge 195 pound!! I am NOT paying that much! Il just wait the extra time.
But saying that there are lots of places that start at about 60 pound.
Type it in to google, thats what I done :)
XXx

I know we are after a 3D/4D gender scan and where we are going does them from 22 weeks onwards...so we decided 26 weeks for us.

Ours will cost £150, or £135 as they give us 10% discount as we had a dating scan done there too.

Just google private ultrasound scan and your area it shouldcome up with nearby clinics.

Emma.xx

I paid £75 and loved my private scan ..
At 16 weeks they could tell 100% that my wriggler was a boy :).

We had one at 24 & 28 weeks with Caitlin ...28 weeks was amazing and we'll be doing a 28 week private with this baby :D

Unless we can't find the sex out next week in which case we'll have a private dating too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->