Where are all the same sex families?

Good day everyone. We are new here. Me and my partner had been together for almost 6 years. Have been talking about babies for a while but now we are really getting readyto try. Quite smoking and drinking, both lost 25 lb since may,tests done. Tracking temprature and ovulation. Deciding on a known donor or bank sperm now. Trying to predict expenses to concive. So exsited i found this forum. Its so helpfull to talk to other couples who is going thru different phases. We hope to chat we have alot of questionsto ask))
We decided to go with a known donor after going back and forth on the issue. I guess for us it came down to what was going to happen in the future if/when our child wants to know who the donor is. We feared with an unknown donor our child embarking on this crusade to find their "biological roots", as we've seen in so many documentries on adoption or with women who've used donors. In the end we decided we wanted it to be someone that our child has always known and already has a relationship with. Not saying that our donor will be a "father" moreso, as we tend to do with our best friends and distant relatives, he will be someone who is and always has been in our lives...though at a distance. Maybe seeing each other once or twice a year like meeting up with an old friend when they come into town.
that's how we feel so far, opportunity presented itself we talked to my friend's brother who is gay and agreed to become a donor with maybe some friendship in the future but without parenting rights. we thought we can go try bank anytime later. but we felt like we wanted to have that opportunity to answer questions and show pictures of the donor early in the childhood before child is 18. also if we could use know donor even with his expenses paid and maybe some compensation it should cost less and we wouldn't worry about bank running out of the particular donor sperm.

Are donor went to the NHS clinic to get tested as did we. All negative.

Then we just cracked on with it. I think it's about trust tbh - once we got the negatives we just started trying with him.

He has a steady g/f of 2 years and has been tested before so we were happy

Xx

Good day everyone. We are new here. Me and my partner had been together for almost 6 years. Have been talking about babies for a while but now we are really getting readyto try. Quite smoking and drinking, both lost 25 lb since may,tests done. Tracking temprature and ovulation. Deciding on a known donor or bank sperm now. Trying to predict expenses to concive. So exsited i found this forum. Its so helpfull to talk to other couples who is going thru different phases. We hope to chat we have alot of questionsto ask))
We decided to go with a known donor after going back and forth on the issue. I guess for us it came down to what was going to happen in the future if/when our child wants to know who the donor is. We feared with an unknown donor our child embarking on this crusade to find their "biological roots", as we've seen in so many documentries on adoption or with women who've used donors. In the end we decided we wanted it to be someone that our child has always known and already has a relationship with. Not saying that our donor will be a "father" moreso, as we tend to do with our best friends and distant relatives, he will be someone who is and always has been in our lives...though at a distance. Maybe seeing each other once or twice a year like meeting up with an old friend when they come into town.
that's how we feel so far, opportunity presented itself we talked to my friend's brother who is gay and agreed to become a donor with maybe some friendship in the future but without parenting rights. we thought we can go try bank anytime later. but we felt like we wanted to have that opportunity to answer questions and show pictures of the donor early in the childhood before child is 18. also if we could use know donor even with his expenses paid and maybe some compensation it should cost less and we wouldn't worry about bank running out of the particular donor sperm.

We'd also heard that the "fresh" route was more effective that the "frozen" route in addition to cheaper so we tried that and got prego the first try though lost it at 6wks and we are on our second go round now and also got prego first try. I will probably always swear by fresh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->