Where are all the same sex families?

Would love to give some! Im new here too. Well, have stalked for a very long time but have only posted twice. It's all a bit scary!

good luck ladies... ask as many questions as you need to.... I always did.. most people are really helpful :) xx

@whatwillbex Good god woman have you not cleaned the house twice by now??! :)

Hello everyone!!

About us: Trying for baby #1 (twins would be great... ) Going for a u/s on Monday with hopes of going for 3rd cycle of IUI later next week. Its so disheartening seeing BFN.

Fingers crossed for 3rd time lucky so we can talk about our new family members!
:happydance:

:dohh: I have done my routine clean for the day, now just watching the paint dry lol

Being induced on Friday! horrah! They said I could carry on my pregnancy another week if I wanted :saywhat: not here to make records, just babies!
lol.

Good luck for Monday 2irishmoms! not long to wait now! x :happydance:

The thing I am most nervous off is spending the night away from my partner.
1st time in 10 years. eeekk.

:dohh: I have done my routine clean for the day, now just watching the paint dry lol

Being induced on Friday! horrah! They said I could carry on my pregnancy another week if I wanted :saywhat: not here to make records, just babies!
lol.

Good luck for Monday 2irishmoms! not long to wait now! x :happydance:

Wishing you a healthy and happy delivery!

Congrats and good luck, can't wait to hear how it all goes! I can only dream about being at that point in the pregnancy, it must be so exciting:happydance:

Good day everyone. We are new here. Me and my partner had been together for almost 6 years. Have been talking about babies for a while but now we are really getting readyto try. Quite smoking and drinking, both lost 25 lb since may,tests done. Tracking temprature and ovulation. Deciding on a known donor or bank sperm now. Trying to predict expenses to concive. So exsited i found this forum. Its so helpfull to talk to other couples who is going thru different phases. We hope to chat we have alot of questionsto ask))

@Gala30x
Hi and welcome. We were 6 six years together last year when we decided it was time to start a family :) After christmas we started getting serious and booked an appointment with a fertility clinic. Between March and July I had all the necessary tests gone and we spent most of that time shopping for donor sperm. Its a weird thing to do! :) We were going to pick an anonymous donor but then we thought why make that decision. The kid might want to know when they are 18 and who are we to stop them, or take away that chance. I think we picked a good one in the end.
Between August and October we started tracking follicles. August we didn't get to inseminate because I didn't have a dominate follicle big enough. September (slight boost with some drugs) did first cycle of IUI. It didn't work. October (same boost of drugs) and did second cycle of IUI. It didn't work. Though I could have swore it did. I totally felt it but I think it didn't implant. Heartbroken.
Went today to track follicles and there is one lovely big one but we are skipping this cycle because the doctor thinks the problem is that my endometrium isn't thick enough so there isn't enough for the egg to implant into.
So we're taking a break until the new year. Going to try relax and have a nice Christmas... Have some mulled wine! and do another cycle in Jan/Feb.
I'm still hopeful. We've only done 2 cycles. People do this for years!
Good luck to both of you!! I hope it runs smooth for you. Those BFN are killer! :)
:coffee: I hope that was useful and doesn't put you off :hugs:

@Gala30x
Hi and welcome. We were 6 six years together last year when we decided it was time to start a family :) After christmas we started getting serious and booked an appointment with a fertility clinic. Between March and July I had all the necessary tests gone and we spent most of that time shopping for donor sperm. Its a weird thing to do! :) We were going to pick an anonymous donor but then we thought why make that decision. The kid might want to know when they are 18 and who are we to stop them, or take away that chance. I think we picked a good one in the end.
Between August and October we started tracking follicles. August we didn't get to inseminate because I didn't have a dominate follicle big enough. September (slight boost with some drugs) did first cycle of IUI. It didn't work. October (same boost of drugs) and did second cycle of IUI. It didn't work. Though I could have swore it did. I totally felt it but I think it didn't implant. Heartbroken.
Went today to track follicles and there is one lovely big one but we are skipping this cycle because the doctor thinks the problem is that my endometrium isn't thick enough so there isn't enough for the egg to implant into.
So we're taking a break until the new year. Going to try relax and have a nice Christmas... Have some mulled wine! and do another cycle in Jan/Feb.
I'm still hopeful. We've only done 2 cycles. People do this for years!
Good luck to both of you!! I hope it runs smooth for you. Those BFN are killer! :)
:coffee: I hope that was useful and doesn't put you off :hugs:

Thanks for all your good wishes.
did you pick donor from the bank with known identity after kid reaches 18?
I hope we can do it in 2-3 tries I am inspired by stories how people did it at home by tracking ovulation. I have read somewhere on internet that even for healthy 25 yo it take 4-5 times in average. I read on a forum people conceiving with friend donor and known donor. i wonder is they sigh papers and everything.

Good day everyone. We are new here. Me and my partner had been together for almost 6 years. Have been talking about babies for a while but now we are really getting readyto try. Quite smoking and drinking, both lost 25 lb since may,tests done. Tracking temprature and ovulation. Deciding on a known donor or bank sperm now. Trying to predict expenses to concive. So exsited i found this forum. Its so helpfull to talk to other couples who is going thru different phases. We hope to chat we have alot of questionsto ask))

Hi, not sure how helpful I can be but I can try! We went through a fertility clinic with an unknown donor (they are anonymous to an extent but the child has the right to track them down at 18 - they cannot track down the child). It was very expensive as we went for IVF (over £3000). We agreed to IVF as we were told it had the highest success rate (although this is still only about 35%). We were VERY lucky and got pregnant first time. We now have an 8 month old son. We didn't do any of the tracking of temperature or ovulation - that was all done for us (should be for three grand!). But I know of people on here who did at home AI, did all their own tracking and also fell pregnant so it doesn't necessarily mean our way was the best by any means. Hope that is of some help. Feel free to ask any questions or just be nosy - we are very proud of our family!

Thanks for all your good wishes.
did you pick donor from the bank with known identity after kid reaches 18?
I hope we can do it in 2-3 tries I am inspired by stories how people did it at home by tracking ovulation. I have read somewhere on internet that even for healthy 25 yo it take 4-5 times in average. I read on a forum people conceiving with friend donor and known donor. i wonder is they sigh papers and everything.[/QUOTE]

Yes the donor is through a sperm bank and the kid can request contact when they are 18 if they want.
We bought enough for 3 tries. 2 down... 1 to go, but we will probably do another few after that as long as I don't have 'unexplained infertility'
The only problem I would see with doing it at home is that for best results the sperm needs to be in your uterus the day before ovulation, or even up to 4 days before as sperm lives longer than the egg. So what you are trying to do is make sure the sperm is waiting to pounce. Also with a clinic you can make sure that your uterus lining is going to be able to support a fertilised egg. Mine wasn't thick enough this month so we're skipping the month and saved on expensive sperm. A couple of extra drugs on the next cycle will boost it for next time. I hope that helps.

I know everyone has different story and choose different pass I wish all the couples a good luck and I can imagine how hard it could be to do many tries and still go on or have a loss and go on..I can't even think about this one for now((. price is some how a big factor for some couples and for us it will be too. maybe 2-3 grand that get you pregnant doesn't sound too bad but if its 7-10 defiantly a huge expense.

We decided to go with a known donor after going back and forth on the issue. I guess for us it came down to what was going to happen in the future if/when our child wants to know who the donor is. We feared with an unknown donor our child embarking on this crusade to find their "biological roots", as we've seen in so many documentries on adoption or with women who've used donors. In the end we decided we wanted it to be someone that our child has always known and already has a relationship with. Not saying that our donor will be a "father" moreso, as we tend to do with our best friends and distant relatives, he will be someone who is and always has been in our lives...though at a distance. Maybe seeing each other once or twice a year like meeting up with an old friend when they come into town.

wanted to ask for advice. we have a known donor( we figured can always use a bank later if it doesn't work out) who will donate a sperm and sign all necessary donor papers. he is in different country but can come anytime.we can probably try fresh sperm while he is here for some time and also freeze it at the bank so we can use it for multiple tries for me and for my partner in the future. he did STD tests and he is negative he also have a partner of almost 2 years and he did test recently and negative too, and he said he can do another test if needed. is it a big risk to use fresh sperm or frozen but without 6 month wait on second STD test? we would like to start trying in January and rally don't want to wait another 6 month. but if it doesn't worth the risk of course we will have to wait( maybe I am over thinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->