Where are you going on holiday this year?

Kate&Lucas

& OH & Mush
Reaction score
We can't decide :wacko:
I've never been one for holidaying, personally. I like short UK breaks but I've never been abroad. Last year we stayed on a farm in the lakes for a few days and that was perfect - however OH is much more travelled than me and is putting his foot down this year about going further afield :haha:

But we can't agree on a place to go. Where is everyone else off to? :flower:

We were going to go to either Kos or Rhodes, but if pregnancy goes ok will be sticking to uk.

We're having a long weekend to WAles in March, and I'm thinking of Cornwall in the summer, possibly centre parcs end of year.

Ps im from the lakes 😉 where abouts did you stay? 'Breaks in the lakes' is a good page to like on fb if you're considering going again in the future.

We're going to the holiday village in Minorca. Just looking for a beach, pool, a bit of sun and half decent food.

We are hopefully going abroad this summer on our first family holiday. When we have been away the two of us it's normally 4/5* with lots of lovely food choices and adventurous things to do, a good nightlife scene nearby and lots of cocktails during the day. I'm totally stumped om how yo holiday with an infant!

Should probably add that I worked as a travel agent for 6 years so I really should know, my sister is also a travel agent but I still cant find anything I like!

In March we're going to New York for 3 days and then flying to Las Vegas for 5 days.. That'll be our childfree holiday :)

We'll probably go to Spain or Majorca in the summer with LO, but haven't booked anything yet. We'll also be going to Centre Parks in September x

Hubby and I try to get away for a few days alone, we were planning Budapest but I think I might surprise him to weekend passes to the British Grand Prix instead but as it's the same cost I'm not sure I want to give up a weekend abroad with a weekend camping watching cars lol....

My hubby is deploying for much of the end of the year so we are going to do Disneyland Paris when he's back as a treat for the kids, then my mum and I are taking the boys to bluestone during the October half term when hubby is away. We are also doing a weekend at Alton towers in an enchanted lodge in March. We haven't done a sunny abroad holiday with the boys yet, I worry we'd get bored as we're not beach people, but I think next year might be better when DS2 is 3.5.

We had a great time at a family friendly camp site just outside Rome a couple of years ago. We booked with Al Fresco holidays and got a cabin with 2 bedrooms and all the kids stuff we would need. They had several parks, a restaurant, massive swimming pool and big toddler and kid friendly splash pool with an island. It was great!

This year we're not going abroad as baby is due in June but we're going to Devon with the in laws in August.

We have just got back from bluestone in wales for a week. We have a weekend in dawlish booked. And weekend at a park resorts in torquay.

If we manage to afford it then going to Edinburgh. I'd love to go abroad but for the type of thing we'd all enjoy we can't afford it.

We have a week booked in the holiday village in majorca in June. And we have a week booked in centre parcs in August. Can't wait!

We were going to go to either Kos or Rhodes, but if pregnancy goes ok will be sticking to uk.

We're having a long weekend to WAles in March, and I'm thinking of Cornwall in the summer, possibly centre parcs end of year.

Ps im from the lakes 😉 where abouts did you stay? 'Breaks in the lakes' is a good page to like on fb if you're considering going again in the future.

Oh awesome I'll check that out :thumbup: We stayed just outside Kendal.

If we manage to afford it then going to Edinburgh. I'd love to go abroad but for the type of thing we'd all enjoy we can't afford it.

I think that's our problem too. OH likes road tripping and going off the beaten track, and Lucas wants somewhere with a beach (but not a resort as he's strictly requested he not have to spend time with other kids :dohh::wacko:). It's limiting our options to things way out of our budget :lol:

If we go anywhere this year it'll be the New Forest possibly Dartmoor. I'm pregnant so not planning a holiday abroad for a little while. We've been thinking about Norway to ski though at some point. And we'll probably go back to Crete maybe next year.

Majorca in may. Possibly some where later in the year.

I think that's our problem too. OH likes road tripping and going off the beaten track, and Lucas wants somewhere with a beach (but not a resort as he's strictly requested he not have to spend time with other kids :dohh::wacko:). It's limiting our options to things way out of our budget :lol:

Yeah that is exactly our dilemma! We'd want culture but also child friendly and obviously that puts us firmly in the middle class holiday maker price range, when realistically our budget is about £1500! :dohh:

Leaving next week for my Florida (Disney) for my sons 5th bday

Then maybe Jamaica in April

How about Morocco? We took Micah aged 2 and it was fab! Culture, warm, lovely FOOD, not too expensive

Malaysia in April, we don't have any other options looool , we have Syrian passports & we require visas to go anywhere else and no other countries are giving visas to Syrians.

last year when I don't have to worry about school holidays...so if money can stretch then Disney Land paris in April for Parkers bday. Then we went to an amazing hotel last year in turkey and they opened another one...but this year have to pay for Doug to fly so makes it quite a bit more but hopefully can save some pennies a it was just amazing especially for the kids.

then we always do a cottage in Devon as a cheap and cheerful with either parents or friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->