Where do I start? Due date today (27/09/08)

Hi everyone

I had quite a good day yesterday & managed to get through the whole day without crying so I guess things must be getting better.

I just wanna get tomorrow over with as it's Sophies funeral :cry:

Can't believe how badly I wanna be pregnant again... when I discussed it with my consultant I told him I'd wait for her post mortem results (which can take up to 12 weeks) before trying again, but I'm just thinking about it constantly & worrying that I may not get pregnant straight away anyway.

Does anyone know if there's any medical reason why I shouldn't start trying now?

Would my baby be more at risk if I did get pregnant straight away??

I know I can never replace Sophie but I'm so desperate to be a mother :cry:

Love Nicky xx

Nicky as you know i had a similar experience to you and i can really understand the need to be pregnant again the empty feeling and just not feeling quite complete. Well my doctor advised to wait till i'd had my first af before trying which took 2 months to come and i had a really heavy period. I was anxious about my fertitly following the birth despite the doctor and consultant assuring me my partner and i were healthy and fertitle. My consultant advised to bonk every third day of you complete cycle and it worked for us and i cant tell you how it feels to be pregnant again. I really wanted to b pregnant by hopes due date, and it didnt take away the pain of the day just made us appreciate baby Hope and the little bean growing inside me.

Your in my thoughts hun.xxx

I don't know about how soon you should wait... or how much of a risk there is if you don't - I'd recomend asking your doctor specifically about the risks involved (if there are any!) so you get the exact answers you are looking for.

Just wanted to say, your feeling of loss and emptiness is understandable as is your overwhelming desire to be a mother...

No doubt you will make a great one and your time will come soon... Best of luck in your next pregnancy - here's crossing everything that it won't take long and that things go as smoothly as poss. :hug: Take care x

God bless your beautiful little one Sophie.

Words cannot express how sorry I am for you hun,

Shim,
xxx

Hi

Hope today is not too painful for you, thinking of you xx

Thanks girls

The funeral was a lovely service but the sight of her litle white coffin was too much for me & Sean.

I'm glad plenty of people took the time & effort to come to say goodbye to her although I didn't really acknowledge them at the time... I sent them all a txt apologising for not being up to speaking to them but thanking them for coming as soon as I was safely home. It just felt too overwhelming at the cemetery & I seem to be having problems with anxiety in public situations at the moment.

I'm sure things will start to improve now that she's been laid to rest as I've had the worry of her funeral hanging over me for almost 2 weeks now.

I'm planning on speaking to my consultant on wednesday to ask if it's medically OK for me & Sean to start trying for another baby straight away, so fingers crossed he'll give us the green light.

xx

:hugs: Well done - You're coping really well... I'm sure it must just have been so difficult :( :hugs:

---

God bless little Sophie - may she rest in peace :hug:

So sorry too hear of your loss Nicky. I can't imagine the pain that must have been for you. Keep your chin up hun, my thoughts are with you and your family. x :hugs:

I dont know what to say but hope this helps :hug:

Glad the service went well hun, take care. x How you doing today?

i think that you must be so incredibly strong to have gotten through yesterday.

take each day one at a time, and i am sure that you will soon become more positive too. I am quite sure that you will be pregnant again though.

:hugs:

hiya hun,

Just checking on how you are :hugs: I'm glad you got through yesterday, it must have been incredibly hard :(

Hope the appointment goes well and you get the green light soon, I was advised to wait at least 3 months after we lost our son but that was a long time ago.

sending my love to keep you strong

xxxx

Glad the service went well hun, take care. x How you doing today?

Hiya Hun

I feel a lot calmer now that the funeral is over & done with. Thanx for asking :hugs:

I'm just hoping & praying that my consultant says its OK for us to try again now, we're going to the Dominican republic next week (was supposed to be a babymoon) & it doesn't feel right to use contraception when we're both so DESPERATE for a baby.

I don't think it's very likely that i'd get pregnant in the first cycle anyway & i'm concerned about delaying starting TTC incase it takes ages once we are actively trying IYKWIM? - The way I see it... we won't be trying/not trying... we'll just let nature take it's course & if it's meant to be - it's meant to be & we will be overjoyed xx

It'll be good for you to get away for a bit, when it's the right time for you then it's the right time, just let nature take it's course. Take care. x

Hi ladies... It's good news from my consultant today! he said that it's medically OK for us to try again straight away as long as I feel ready.

It's such a relief! as i've said earlier... we won't be "trying" as such - we just won't be using contraception & we'll just let nature take its course, it'll be nice to have some time together without obsessing over taking temps etc... but equally nice not having to worry about condoms killing the moment LOL - I'm quite worried about BDing anyway as we haven't been able to since Sophie was conceived in early January!! (due to bleeds) It sorta feels like I'll be losing my virginity all over again so i'm a bit nervous.

Thanks for listening everyone & hopefully I'll have some good news in the not too distant future!! xx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->