where do you start!?!?

Cymrukelz

Mother to one!
Reaction score
hello all you yummy mummys!?
right where do i start giving him more than milk?! what do you start on? etc...
i hear people talking about ice cube trys of food!- what is this?? (what food and is this first?)
or do i start with the rice first!?
he seems to be spitting out his milk alot now!

thank you x

How old is your baby? Looking at your threads, I gather he was born around 10th May - is that right? If so, I think he's WAY too young for anything other than milk at the moment.

ye he still only young but i want to get it all right in my head ready for when he is- i dont get to use the internet much :S

People have different opinions on this - there was a big debate on it quite recently. Some people start with baby rice at 4 months.

I'm waiting til six months as recommended by the world health organization when his digestive system is developed sufficiently for baby led weaning (you put different finger foods in front of your baby like steamed carrot sticks and let them choose what and when they want to start eating).

Talk to your health visitor about it nearer the time maybe?
x

Like elm, we're waiting until 6 months when his tummy is developed enough for anything other than milk. Some people spend time puréeing stuff, then freeze it in ice cube trays for use when they need it. But there's no reason why babies should need puréed food if you wait until they are able to sit up and feed themselves, then you can give them actual solids.

brilliant i will wait till as long as possible. thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->