Where does everyone order there (special) food from??

wtbmummy

Reaction score
Last year we ordered from Tescos pre-order. Food was nice and not to pricy.
This year its only the three of us (we I may eat like 2 by then so 4 of us:haha:)
We are getting a gorgeous duck this year and I will be picking up my own gammon joint to season myself to save the pennies :thumbup:

Again I am getting my duck from tescos at a good price of £18!!
But I haven't found anything else in their preorder book I like this year dessert or snack/buffet wise.

I have just been on m&s and they have some amazing looking puddings, treats, cheeses and more however they are quite pricy and like I said its just us for christmas this year :shrug:

So I would like to know peoples opinions really.
How is the m&s food compared to other places?
What places do other people shop at?
Is it really worth the extra money for three people or shall I just do some fun family baking and make a cake n other nibbles on Christmas eve?

We've had m&s in the past and it's been nicer. Nicer than tesco.
We get our main fron local butcher and farm shop and then picky stuff from supermarket.
We're using Booths this year

We have never pre ordered our food. I would like to but OH doesn't see the point. There's only four of us for dinner so we just have to do a slightly fancy roast. We don't get many visitors, usually us going to others.
I will do a supermarket food shop for Christmas, need to start a list

We always get our food from m&s. I've never done other supermarkets as m&s never disappoints. It is expensive but I don't think much more in the grand scheme of things. Their white chocolate panna cotta is amazing!

I've seen some amazing looking puddings in Iceland :thumbup:

I've decided to pre-order some bits from Sainsburys this year as I'm not overly impressed by the selection offered elsewhere. We are going for the turkey crown with pork, sage and roasted onion stuffing, and the chocolate and raspberry baubles for xmas day itself. Then going to get the turkey, sausage meat and cranberry garland (probably for xmas eve) and the salmon en crote for boxing day.

Then the day after boxing day, I'll make Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood's leftover turkey and ham pie, which we had last year and it was divine! Can't wait for all the yummy food!

I usually just go to asda, but I look around the other stores first to compare prices and will get the odd bit that's cheaper elsewhere. I don't pre-order as such, I just do an online slot for those bits I can't buy too far in advance and everything else I buy as I go. I've already got a cupboard full of things that will keep.

M&S for us. I always think the food tastes amazing. We don't cook our own roast though so it's only nibbles and puddings etc that we tend to buy.

I buy our meat (turkey, gammon, sausages and bacon) and stuffing from the butchers, veg from the greengrocers and general bits and some nibbles from Morrisons and then top up with more special bits (puddings, nibbles, breakfast stuff) from M&S. I wouldn't buy everything from M&S but its nice to get some treats from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->