Where's the Christmas Spirit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Something is missing this year, and even I don't feel like I have too much of it right now. Christmas is in 4 days and I've yet to find my Christmas spirit, or see it in others.

Granted, we had a non-pleasant business issue to take care of for a week this month, then that put us behind and we've been scrambling to get caught up on work, etc.

Even the kids' school didn't have a Christmas thing this year as they only do it every 2 years. That was one thing that got me into it all.

Then, there's no snow but a lot of rain.

I've listened to a few Christmas carols one day of this month and haven't since. Haven't even watched any Christmas shows such as Frosty, Rudolph, etc.

But, I just feel something is lacking this year. Perhaps I need to get out or something.

I feel the same way this year. Everyone I know actually is feeling the same way. I dunno why...must be one of those years I suppose. I was hoping the butt-ton of snow we got on Saturday night (see pic)
https://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j237/pyxie_rose/SDC11699.jpg
would help get me in the spirit, or my bday tomorrow cause that usually helps,but nothing. We didn't really have much money to get the kids stuff, but we got a ton of stuff for them from Freecycle and I managed to get them some new things, so that's not the reason either. I listen to the Christmas radio station, nothing. I'm not interested in watching the programs either. VERY odd. I hope next year is better.

for me it's been different as this is my first year away from my family so I really have a hard time believing that Christmas is truly almost here because I'm not in Texas

im the same, i still dont really believe its so close, on xmas eve when im running around trying to get everything ready im sure i'll feel it then hehe

x

Yeah I thought I'd get it back this year with having Theakston but nothing! Gutted.

im the same,..... im not even excited or anything

i've said this as well. it doesnt seem christmasy, even though we have snow, radio been playing xms songs and such. i think part of it is cos "i know what happens and who does what" instead of being the kid!!!

BUT i have said this every yr since 2004 when my mum died on 18th dec and then 2yrs later on same day we lost dad so its not a great time.

kinda no this feeling hon, i have got into the spirit a little, but with losing nan last dec (17th) then the anniversary and some other work-based stress i don't really feel in the 'mood' if that makes sense!

The sad thing is, I feel so let down the day after Christmas. Suppose I already feel let down that it's so close and will be over in a blink of an eye. :rofl:

^^ can relate to that leeanne!! one minute we're stressing and panic buying and the next it's over!!

same ere last yr i was super excited cos i knew morgan was on his way but now hes here and ive s.son ((have ad for 5yr like)) just somat missing :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->