Which Camera would you get/ got one, sample pics on page 3 :)

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
I am looking into getting a new camera and I had my eye on the Nikon D3200 that was until I saw the Nikon D5100 and heard a few bad reviews on the D3200, so photography ladies which would you go for and why :flower:

Oh and if you would like to recommend a different camera please do so :flower:

Sorry hun I've never used or read up on those two but I have the Nikon D3100 I've had it for maybe a year a half and can't fault it. The pics are excellent it's easy to use. I work with models and do weddings and always had great results x

I just got the D3100 also. I had a D60 that started having a few flash issues, so DH got me an early BD present. :) I like it, but it's SO much smaller than the D60 and feels too light now. It has issues if you take video for awhile it overheats and you can't use the display for a few hours until it cools off again.

Found this review which is brilliant. Compares the d5100 to the d3100, D7000 and the Canon equivalent. I'd go for the d5100 x

Edit - forgot to post the link :dohh:

https://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Nikon_D5100/index.shtml

I have never heard of nixon but Nikon is the best camera in the world. apparently. I have a nikon D3000.

I have never heard of nixon but Nikon is the best camera in the world. apparently. I have a nikon D3000.

She means Nikon hun, must be auto-correct playing it's naughty tricks lol

Have you had a look at any Canon's?

An old friend of mine is a photographer and he absolutely swears by Canon.

She means Nikon hun, must be auto-correct playing it's naughty tricks lol

HAha sorry I thought it was some intimation of a nikon going around. :blush: I love my D3000 I cant comment on others as its the only one I have.

Dont know what happened with the poll, but if you look at the original post it is spelt properly there :winkwink:

can't help as i shot canon but didn't want to read and run x

Is Canon good ?? I have heard lots of bad reviews about them and people advising Nikon instead. At the minute I use a Sony a290 and cannot fault it at all, the only reason I am thinking of changing is because I want the video option. I was going to just upgrade my Sony but I have read such fantastic reviews about Nikon that I am considering a total change :)

Read the review I posted hun. It compares the Nikon to the canon in detail x

I'm a photographer and I absolutely swear by Canon. Whenever anyone asks me for an opinion, I always sway them towards Canon because they're TOTALLY fool proof. Nikon have 5 buttons that do 1 thing... Canon has 1 button that does 5 things to sum it up very very briefly! :D

OH got me the D5100 today :happydance::happydance::happydance:

He disappeared while we were in town and came back with it 45mins later :happydance::happydance: He didnt have a clue what he was looking for but he knew I wanted a Nikon and he knew I had mentioned the number 3200 and 5100, the guy in the shop done the rest :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Soooooo happy, I widh the battery would hurry up and charge so I can have a play :haha::haha:

I'm a photographer and I absolutely swear by Canon. Whenever anyone asks me for an opinion, I always sway them towards Canon because they're TOTALLY fool proof. Nikon have 5 buttons that do 1 thing... Canon has 1 button that does 5 things to sum it up very very briefly! :D

I have a few photographers on my fb that say they swear my Nikon and that they are the best :dohh:
I guess its a case of what you handle best and what feels good to you, I am going to have a little play with the D5100 but if it doesnt feel good I have a 30 day returns :thumbup:

Definitely :) I always recommend going to a shop where you can handle each camera yourself even if you plan on buying online. They all feel different in hand and, to be honest, it just comes down to what suits you better :) Nikon wasn't for me as, like I said, they seem to have a lot of buttons that do essentially the same thing and it was really overwhelming when I first started out.

I've got te canon eos 1100d , before that I had the Nikon d40 and now i REALLY want a nikon again!:-(X

I would have said the one youve gotten.
Nikon v Cannon is a very personal thing. Personally my hands fall to where the buttons are on a nikon without me having to stretch feel uncomfortable or even look.

Hope you love your new camera

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->